Subject: City card actions that give additional movements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This situation came up in my latest gameplay and I just want to know how to handle it in subsequent gameplayes. Whenever you have city cards that give you movements up to however many pips (whether you pay camels or resources for each move) you have on your die, do you treat those movements as separate (meaning the player can place a trading post on cities they land on as they move) or as one contiguous movement (meaning the player only places a trading post at the city they end up in)? It didn't affect the end result of the game I played, but could do so in future games, so I just want to know for sure which way I should play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
contiquous movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Marchetto
Italy
Latina
LT
flag msg tools
Yes, you basically replace two dice used for the travel action with only one and you pay camels / goods instead of coins. Apart from that the action behavior is the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
misskitten wrote:
This situation came up in my latest gameplay and I just want to know how to handle it in subsequent gameplayes. Whenever you have city cards that give you movements up to however many pips (whether you pay camels or resources for each move) you have on your die, do you treat those movements as separate (meaning the player can place a trading post on cities they land on as they move) or as one contiguous movement (meaning the player only places a trading post at the city they end up in)? It didn't affect the end result of the game I played, but could do so in future games, so I just want to know for sure which way I should play it.

The pips aren't stacked individually, they are counted together as one movement, so a placed die (on a CITY CARD that grants you movement) showing three pips, you move three spaces not one, then one, then one again and only on your last spot, if it's a space where you can place a trading post, can you place a trading post. Additionally, you need to be able to pay any traveling cost (camels or coins on the route) or you can't take the action at all.

At least that's how I see it.

EDIT: but I believe you CAN move UP TO the amount of pips shown, so a die showing three pips, you may move one space rather than three or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Eppler
Germany
Braunschweig
flag msg tools
misskitten wrote:
.....or as one contiguous movement (meaning the player only places a trading post at the city they end up in)? ...

Second one. You only place the trading post where you end your movement. This was released in the official german FAQ by the publisher Hans im Glück.

Of course if you are playing Wilhelm von Rubruk you still place all tradings posts along the way.

You are also allowed as in all spaces to use a lower number how often you activate the space. So if you place a 3 on the spot you still can decide to travel only 1 or 2 spaces. You only pay the costs for the number you have chosen. But only 1 travel action is allowed. You are not allowed to travel 1 space and then 2 spaces again when placing your 3 over there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guro Bjerkan
Norway
FLAKTVEIT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, now I know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
misskitten wrote:
Thanks guys, now I know

And knowing is half the battle!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.