4 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: One more upgrade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frederick Gagnon
msg tools
Hey all,

Going to a tournament pretty soon and here is the list i will bring.

Whisper + FCS + VI + ACD
Vessery + Tie/x7
Deathfire + Proton Toros + EM + Guidance chip + Prox mines

That brings me to 98 points.

I like that initiative bid since i am playing whisper and really need it to be viable, but i am still hesitating if i should add one more upgrade (1 point) and make it 99 points. Here are my choices:

- Intel agent on Whisper
- Crackshot on Vessery
- Draw their fire on Vessery (since will be flying in formation with bomber for Alpha strike)

I would love Juke, but dont want to make it 100.

So any of them worth going up to 99 points or should i leave it to 98? Thx all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Take Juke.

People who bid on PS9 will usually do so in order to give you init anyway, and if they don't, arc dodge them with Whisper...

The other option would be a 0 point EPT for Vessery (Trick Shot or Adaptability) and Intel Agent for Whisper. Intel Agent is great on Whisper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Garman
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thespaceinvader wrote:
Take Juke.

People who bid on PS9 will usually do so in order to give you init anyway, and if they don't, arc dodge them with Whisper...

The other option would be a 0 point EPT for Vessery (Trick Shot or Adaptability) and Intel Agent for Whisper. Intel Agent is great on Whisper.

I agree with just taking Juke, since basically the only people who will choose to take initiative at PS9 are other Whisper players. So if you expect to see lots of other Whispers don't take Juke, but otherwise it's a good option.

If not taking Juke, Crack Shot is a very nice EPT that I'd be very tempted to take. It's almost always worth a point, especially since Vessery otherwise doesn't hit all that hard. I wouldn't go for Intel Agent or Draw Their Fire though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
radfordblue wrote:
thespaceinvader wrote:
Take Juke.

I agree with just taking Juke, since basically the only people who will choose to take initiative at PS9 are other Whisper players. So if you expect to see lots of other Whispers don't take Juke, but otherwise it's a good option.

If not taking Juke, Crack Shot is a very nice EPT that I'd be very tempted to take. It's almost always worth a point, especially since Vessery otherwise doesn't hit all that hard. I wouldn't go for Intel Agent or Draw Their Fire though.

Why not Intel, out of interest? With three ships that like to know where enemies are going before they go there, it's a really strong upgrade - whisper likes to know where to decloak to, Deathfire likes to know what bomb to drop and when (and if applicable, whether to BR for the block/shot), Vessery likes to know whether to barrel roll against higher PS pilots/equal PS pilots without init.

IA/Crack may actually be a better investment for this list than Juke, thinking about it.

I'd agree about DTF though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.