Subject: Is there 1 or 2 Finn dice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there just 1 Finn die that comes with the starter set? Do I have to buy 2 starter sets to get 2 dice or can I find more through boosters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Rey starter is only 1 Finn Dice and only 1 Force Throw. In the Kylo Ren Starter there is only 1 Mind Probe. So you will need double the starters to have 2 of these cards/dice. They cant be found in boosters because they are starter only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Koenig
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
That is one of the few dice you need a second starter for if you want to run a two Finn deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the bright side, though, most people will want Finn for the cards he unlocks. His die is good, but not amazing; for most two-character pairings, eliting the other character or adding a non-unique ought to be viably good three-die builds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
so with x2 starters, you have full playsets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:

Of all the starter-rarity cards, yes. And two playsets of Power of the Dark Side or Awakenings depending on which starter. If you have two of each, you'll also have two playsets of Lightsaber, F-11D Blaster Rifle, Aim, and a couple others that I don't trust my memory on the starter rarity for. (Close Quarters Assault? Flank? I can't remember what's Starter and what's Common off the top of my head.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffis wrote:
On the bright side, though, most people will want Finn for the cards he unlocks. His die is good, but not amazing; for most two-character pairings, eliting the other character or adding a non-unique ought to be viably good three-die builds.

I don't know why you think his die isn't amazing. It's reliable, and in a game where many characters need resources for big damage or have blue modifier sides (Rey I'm looking at you), Finn is amazing because I never need to pay for his stuff, it just is what it is

Having played many games with the starter, Finn is the more reliable roll of the two and when I can get away from these starter sets and begin building he gets even more amazing. I would Elite Finn just because of how solid his die is, also Melee and Ranged. Playing the game with starters often I know how important that is in a Deck with a Staff, a Light Saber and the Gun.

That being said, you would be wise to double up on starters. People are bringing up Mind Probe and Force Throw, which are great, but also, if you want more than a single deck with Blue Characters, Generic Redeploy Lightsabers are only in the starters as well, and I find them very useful in combo with the non-unique Blue Characters etc, so yeah, I would get 2x each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffis wrote:
Mike1977 wrote:

Of all the starter-rarity cards, yes. And two playsets of Power of the Dark Side or Awakenings depending on which starter. If you have two of each, you'll also have two playsets of Lightsaber, F-11D Blaster Rifle, Aim, and a couple others that I don't trust my memory on the starter rarity for. (Close Quarters Assault? Flank? I can't remember what's Starter and what's Common off the top of my head.)

Looking at the starters in front of me, 2x Power of the Dark Side and Awakenings come in EACH starter, so technically you have the full amount of them in a single box. I forgot the Rifle is starter only, that's annoying that Rey's Staff is not :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG definitely could have done better regarding the rarities and starter-only cards.

finding a unique card (rey's staff) in multiples in boosters on top of the one in starter is really a waste.

they should have gone for all starter-only cards in the starter, or part fixed starter cards and the rest random booster cards, fixed booster cards is just a very bad idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Tucker
msg tools
Angelsenior wrote:
finding a unique card (rey's staff) in multiples in boosters on top of the one in starter is really a waste.

It does have a use, though. You can include two copies of Rey's Staff in your deck for a higher chance of drawing it early, if that's what you're into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JimTucker wrote:
Angelsenior wrote:

It does have a use, though. You can include two copies of Rey's Staff in your deck for a higher chance of drawing it early, if that's what you're into.

Right. I have 2x Starter Kits on the way, and I have 2 of Rey's Staff already, but I know I can trade them to people later because some may only buy 1 set because they don't care

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
I have not read the rules yet, but are you allowed 4 First Order Stormtroopers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:
I have not read the rules yet, but are you allowed 4 First Order Stormtroopers?

They are non-unique so points wise you can field up to 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.