Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really want to pay $10 to play the game if the implementation isn't good, so has anybody else tried it out yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Somebody posted around 1030 pm PST in the KS comments that they played it on tabletopia and backed it because of that play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esswhy wrote:
Somebody posted around 1030 pm PST in the KS comments that they played it on tabletopia and backed it because of that play

That's very encouraging. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David da Silva
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've played it twice on Tabletopia. First time a couple of days before the kickstarter and than after the campaign was launched.

Just few thought about tabletopia.
I've paid the ten bucks (couple of weeks ago) because I thought that 10 isn't that much, but I wasn't expecting anything. But now I had played Vinhos Deluxe Edition twice(still waiting for my kickstarter edition) and Lisboa twice. Alone this was totally worth it. Also I'm eager to test other games like Scythe, Trickerion, Viniculture etc. I don't have so many games (20) so it's a great platform to test interesting games. I also like to play new games alone for the first time (2 player settings) to learn the rules before playing & explaining it to others. For this, tabletopia is great.

About Lisboa on Tabletopia.
At first when I started playing my first game on TABLETOPIA I thought damn, what should I do first. Normally before I play a game I had watched a lot of videos and read reviews about games. So I always knew how the game is played. With this knowledge the first game is much easier. This time is was the first time without any knowledge of the game. That's why the start was a little bit rough. Especially because you can't overview everything on the screen. But after understanding what each action can do (and it's not as complicated as I thought at the beginning) the gameplay goes smoother and smoother every round. In my second game it almost goes as smooth as Vinhos 2016 (but the weight here is a bit heavier).
Also at the beginning I had to get used to play on the computer. It's definitely not so great as playing with real components but after a while I was getting used to it.

After playing a couple of rounds, you really get used to this action selectio mechanism and then the fun begins. YEAH another great Vital Lacerda game with fantastic graphics from Ian O`Tool. Can't wait to feel the real cards, real 3D boards and rubble

There is a lot going on in this game. It's not just: "it's just play one card into your portfolio or into the royal court and do the action". It's the same as I would say for the gallerist: "you just place your meeple in one of the three possible location and choose one of the both action.".

You have to think what you want to do and how you want to do it. If you want to sell goods to get money you can play one of your 5 card. But which one? Every card has different benefits for playing them into your portfolio but maybe you need this card later for playing it into the royal court? I don't want to say that this is over complicated but it gives you very interesting choices. You can do an action in different ways and this is a new level of layer that brings this Vital Lacerda game into a new dimension.

The thematic was growing on me after every round I played. I love the whole Baixa mechanism: with stores, different color streets, different color value rubbles, public buildings, how you earn wigs there and the small bonus rewards (like in Gallerist). This part of the game is a fantastic system that works wonderfully. And there's many more... like the 9 key action on the board, clergy tiles, ships etc.

You can feel here the development from Vinhos, Gallerist where you just put a pawn on a space. It just makes Vitals typical "action selection placement" deeper and more rewarding. "Do you play into your portfolio or to the royal Court? AND HOW? ", so many great choices. But I love the Vinho/Gallerist action selection, too. But here it feels totaly differnt.

The two tabletopia games (I've played solo a 2 player game) I have played were fascinating. I can't wait to play it in June with my SO (see is from Portugal, Porto). It's another great Vital Lacerda Game and really fits well in the collection between Vinhos Deluxe Edition & The Gallerist.
But only I have no idea where to put the box... They do not fit in my shelfs

Edit: correct some grammar mistakes(was tipping it on my phone... also english is not my mother tongue, I give my best :-))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
tehgr8supa wrote:
I don't really want to pay $10 to play the game if the implementation isn't good, so has anybody else tried it out yet?

Please try again, it's now open to the public. You don't have to pay anything to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your thoughts David. I'm glad you liked the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
tehgr8supa wrote:

Please try again, it's now open to the public. You don't have to pay anything to play.

Oh, darn. I already payed. Ah well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
Cadiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
tehgr8supa wrote:

Subscribers may be able to set up and invite others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
tehgr8supa wrote:

Have you watched some of the play/run-through videos? They are out there. Early reviews quite good. So I KSed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be missing something. I tried logging into Tabletopia, but it says I need to pay $10. Then I logged in with my Twitter account and that got me in the front door, but when I clicked on Lisboa, I got a "this game is only accessible with Tabletopia premium". So I'm doing something wrong, or the word on the street that you can play this game for free is incorrect.

What am I doing wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
Cadiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is not set as Premium in the platform though. If you are interested I can invite you to give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almilcar wrote:
The game is not set as Premium in the platform though. If you are interested I can invite you to give it a try.

I would love that. What information do you need from me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I started a 3p game that we got halfway through. I paused the game and backed out, but when we tried to continue it today the game doesn't exist anymore. Anybody know why?

Edit: I think it's because they updated the game version, so our old version lobby wasn't compatible anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
Cadiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
Almilcar wrote:

I would love that. What information do you need from me?

Let me set up a room and I'll come back to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.