Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Hi,
I managed to acquire a big lot of assorted trading and ccg type cards, and among them was a bunch of Star Trek Attack Wing cards--a little over 200. I was thinking of selling them as a lot on ebay, but I wondered--would anyone buy a lot of cards that didn't come with any ships, or are they pretty much worthless? Thanks.

-Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some cards are worth quite a bit, others not so much.

The generic captains are basically worthless, but some of the upgrades can go for a bit of money especially if they are rare. Its a bit hard to tell you without knowing what you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Sharitt
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, maybe cards that come with OP prizes might be worth a little bit, but retail cards would be worth less if anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
With the exception of cards attached to OP prizes there's no real rarity value attached to any of the cards from retail packs- beyond, perhaps relative age now that some retail packs from the early months of the game can be harder to find. But, the majority of those are being reprinted in releases and the cards are exactly the same as the original set.

If people are attaching greater value to individual cards, that's their own choosing. But, unlike CCGs, all of the cards in retail packs are printed the same quantity so no individual card is inherently harder to find than any other and therefore not any more or less valuable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Thanks, everybody. So if I sell all 200+ cards as a lot, I might expect to get a few bucks for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdaly72 wrote:
Thanks, everybody. So if I sell all 200+ cards as a lot, I might expect to get a few bucks for them?

It all depends on what the specific cards are. A few bucks is probably the most that people would be willing to spend on "200 STAW cards, assorted" without any further details. There being said, there are a few individual cards that could go for $3-$5 each (or more if you're really lucky). The question is whether or not you want to have to go through all the cards and list them.

That being said, if you did have a list, people on here (including myself) would probably be happy to point out which ones have a little more value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt I
msg tools
mbmbmb
Or just layout all the cards and take pictures of them. If the cards are readable in the picture, people will be able to see if bidding on the cards is worth it. No need to take individual pictures of the cards so long as you can read the text in the pictures.

If you do list make sure to put "Star Trek Attack Wing cards no models/miniatures or as pictured" or something along those lines in the listing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
MrDumbAzCanB wrote:
Or just layout all the cards and take pictures of them. If the cards are readable in the picture, people will be able to see if bidding on the cards is worth it. No need to take individual pictures of the cards so long as you can read the text in the pictures.

If you do list make sure to put "Star Trek Attack Wing cards no models/miniatures or as pictured" or something along those lines in the listing.

Thanks. The cards are all in pages, so I think I'll just take photos of all of them and post them on the ebay listing. I'll see how things go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you listed the cards yet? I'd be interested in checking out what you have. ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.