Subject: Suitable for travel? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can't quite work out whether this game takes up much table space. Would it be suitable for playing on a train table or something similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The market can be compact - you need only see the icon on the left side of the card. The personal tableau could get a bit large. I think it could be manageable, although I have no idea how large a train table is. I haven't traveled by rail since I was a tyke. Prohibitively expensive in my neck of the woods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Knowing how small some UK train tables can be, I'd say it would be possible, though a little bit of a squeeze. If you stack the goods vertically, instead of horizontally as the rules suggest, then you can fit the 8 or 9 buildings next to each other quite snuggly.

To give you more of an idea, I'd say it's too big for an aeroplane table. But a train table should be just large enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
Okay, thanks for the replies. Looks like it might be a bit of a squeeze, especially as I'm not sure I'll even have a full train table to play on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now played this 2player on a virgin east coast train table and there was space left over. Not sure if three or 4 player wouldhave worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.