Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john rees
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hants
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just trying to get into this interesting system. I suspect Im being rather dim but I don't get why, on the hex and square sections, there are two versions of forward orientation. On the hex system the forward label is even printed in a different colour depending on its position above or below the hex diagram.
Is there some significance to this ? Any thoughts
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When moving a unit, your opponent (the AI) may sometimes want to be moving a unit towards something. Specifically, it might want to move towards your base or some type of checkpoint. If you like, you could use the target or objective part of the card to determine what it is that your opponent is moving towards.

If you use the hex part of the card to determine where your opponent is going to move (but ignore the forward part), chances are your opponent is never going to get there. It is going to just keep moving randomly. By using the forward part of the icon, you are going to create a strong bias of the AI moving his units toward something. The AI might flank to the left or right, but it is most likely going to go in the direction that it is trying to get to. It might still backtrack a bit, but most likely it is going to move forward.

The reason why the color changes for text on the upper left hand corner is that the text became to hard to see (based on the color of the background). So I had to change the color to make it more readable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john rees
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hants
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Chad
Thank you for the quick response, I love the simplicity behind the text colour change! Occam's razor in action
So am I right in thinking that forward is not necessarily to the front but to an identified target where ever that may be on the board relative to the piece.
Well done with this i think it will be most useful.
Regards
John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.