$30.00
Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title suggests,
(a) do I need a Tarot Deck... would rather use something else... I can use photoshop, printerstudio etc... but would rather not re-invent the wheel.

(b) if a Tarot Deck is vital... anyone got any suggestions for a rather "tame, bland, black and white minimalist Tarot deck?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
madad07 wrote:
As the title suggests,
(a) do I need a Tarot Deck... would rather use something else... I can use photoshop, printerstudio etc... but would rather not re-invent the wheel.

(b) if a Tarot Deck is vital... anyone got any suggestions for a rather "tame, bland, black and white minimalist Tarot deck?"

You do need a Tarot deck. When you have a problem with the often dark imagery you could look into some of the Doreen Virtue decks which feature fairies or angels and have positive messages instead of standard tarot therms. Mind you they still are a bit New Agey.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/doreen-virtue.shtml
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Those other decks were "ok" but like you say, a bit New Agey. Meh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. So I've bought the rule book.
I've been working on Printer studio - 2 things...
(a) custom poker deck for the "free, basic game" - curtesy of another user... thanks very much!
(b) custom poker deck for the "expert and advanced cards" - with identical back to basic deck

watch this space... hope to post a few pics when they arrive.

They actually cost me more in printersstudio than buying the "official" tarot deck! But I didn't want that, so that's my wallet's loss only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.