$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Arek
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules on page 11 it says in the last example, that Heat from bringing guns to a Throwdown is gained after the Throwdown is resolved, which I understand is after the dice have been rolled and you have determined who has won. It also says on page 12, that Dudes are sent to the ER also after the Throwdown is resolved. However, is there an order we should use for these two cases?

For example: 4 of my Dudes were involved in a Throwdown (which I won) but I still have to injure 3 of them. I also used a gun and my current heat is 4.

If I gain the Heat first, then one Member must take the fall (and lets say that all the members I have are at this location), so I am forced to injure and send all 3 of my remaining Dudes to the ER.

However, if I do the ER first, then I send 3 of my Dudes there (including a Member), only then gain the Heat and decide that a Member from the ER will take the fall. Therefore I am left with 2 Dudes in ER and one uninjured Dude at the Throwdown location (and controlling it).

A big difference - unless I have missed something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd do it the second way. Meets all requirements and it's thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward B.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes the most sense to take the fall after resolving injuries, and I think the rules back this up.

On pages 11-12, it talks about throwdowns. Step 3 of a throwdown is 'get bloody.' This step includes drawing guns. Under injuries, it states that each gun used results in an injury. So, although dudes are not sent to the ER until after the throwdown has been resolved, injuries apply as soon as guns are used, which is still in the throwdown phase.

Thus, even if you you choose to resolve taking the fall before sending dudes to the ER, you could choose to have an injured dude take the fall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.