Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I know that there is a prosperity track on the map included in the game, but how do I track it?

If the prosperity is only able to rise, I see no problem in using markers to track the prosperity level of Gloomhaven, but if it ia able to also drop, what will be the best way to keep track of the current prosperity level?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure, but seeing that new characters arrive at an experience level corresponding to Gloomhaven's prosperity, I'd think that prosperity will only go up. Otherwise you could get a power decline – which at least seems unlikely to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Caciolli
Italy
Padua
flag msg tools
mb
if I remember correctly prosperity can go up and down but the prosperity level cannot decrease, so if you reach the current prosperity level you cannot decrease prosperity anymore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antonio8080 wrote:
if I remember correctly prosperity can go up and down but the prosperity level cannot decrease, so if you reach the current prosperity level you cannot decrease prosperity anymore
Then this brings me back on how to track the single steps between the full levels of prosperity. I don't think the map will hold on to graphite pens very well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right. The fact, that the prosperity level can not go down does not help you to track the prosperity value itself. But at least it helps with maintaining the merchant deck when you are oscillating on the edge of a prosperity level (no need to add/remove cards added when the prosperity level increases again and again).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Briosi
Italy
Rovereto
Rovereto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is sort of "character sheet" for the town where you register it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are town records that get unlocked. But don't ask what's inside

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Prosperity track is on the main game board. You track it by marking spaces with a sharpie, it can not go down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stk mx
United States
Elburn
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
Hi!

I know that there is a prosperity track on the map included in the game, but how do I track it?

If the prosperity is only able to rise, I see no problem in using markers to track the prosperity level of Gloomhaven, but if it ia able to also drop, what will be the best way to keep track of the current prosperity level?

Thanks!

I believe Prosperity can not be reduced, therefore you would not need to remove items from the city supply. However remember that Reputation can be decreased increasing item costs for your party, thus having an indirect negative effect on Prosperity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prosperity can be reduced. I asked the same question couple of months ago and Isaac confirmed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no idea prosperity could be reduced. Maybe Isaac was wrong.
You mark it with a pen on the game board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
And that is exactly what inspired this thread in the first place. How to track it if you mark it on the board, even though it can(?) drop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heilz wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:
And that is exactly what inspired this thread in the first place. How to track it if you mark it on the board, even though it can(?) drop.
100% right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickersham
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Reading the rules today and I believe the answer is there. Top of Page 42 when discussing Road Events:

"A character can never lose perks, have negative money, or be brought below the minimum experience required for their current level, and the town can never be brought below the minimum prosperity for its current level"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wickershamb wrote:
Reading the rules today and I believe the answer is there. Top of Page 42 when discussing Road Events:

"A character can never lose perks, have negative money, or be brought below the minimum experience required for their current level, and the town can never be brought below the minimum prosperity for its current level"

This doesn't answer the question: if prosperity decreases (but not below the minimum for its current level), how do you track that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
my projects: The Silken Threads Descent Campaign; Dawn of Civilization Mod
mbmbmbmbmb
^with a sheet of paper... easy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
^with a sheet of paper... easy

This is what I'll do.. for keeping track between sessions. I'll use a token while playing.

No way I'm going to mar this game with even just an X or checkmark of my atrocious handwriting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOMHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
When you usually just mark the spacees of gained prosperity with an x, just put a small dot somewhere on the remaining space of the...well space to mark it as lost (e.g. on the upper quarter of the x).
Then, when you gain the point again, make a line through this dot to mark the space with a vertical line. This could be done at least twice until the x becomes a * and it would be too difficult to see, but I guess that would suffice for most occassions....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for taking so long to respond to this thread.

Yes, prosperity can go down, and yes, it is tracked, ideally, with a pen on the main board, which obviously can lead to a problem if it does go down and you don't want to mess up your board. I would recommend just writing "-1" on the board next to the track, and then crossing it out the next time prosperity increases. You're already writing on your board. Embrace it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
You're already writing on your board. Embrace it.

I read this and I kind of have that same feeling of uncertainty like the first time I jumped off the swimming pool diving board as a kid... I know I'll be fine just that the first step is a doozy! laughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mason
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be my first legacy game. It feels a bit like when I purchased my first college textbook. After years of public school indoctrination, where you are warned that you must not write in the books, now I am sitting with a brand new crisp $200 college textbook in my right hand, and a highlighter in my left hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.