GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,204 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Small World Underground» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Relics etc. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix B
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying one of the Small World editions, but I hear some people complaining about the relics in Underground.

I have no problem with house-ruling games, so if I don't like them, can't I just leave them out, or does the game stop to work without them?

Thanks for any answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens www.spielefreun.de
Germany
Heinersreuth
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext is really cool. The best 100 GG I've ever spent.
badge
Well. I'm actually bored with overtext. Why did I give all that GG away?
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Just buy regular Small World.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danchou wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying one of the Small World editions, but I hear some people complaining about the relics in Underground.

I have no problem with house-ruling games, so if I don't like them, can't I just leave them out, or does the game stop to work without them?

Thanks for any answers.

What complaints have you heard? I like them because the relics and places of power give extra powers or points to the players that get them, and it also gives a reason for other players to fight each other over them as opposed to staying as separated as possible.

And if you decide you don't like them, then removing them will make the game just like Small World.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix B
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
Ok, so when I take the relics out, I can just play "vanilla Small world" without any problems?

Kinda confused about the two different answers now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danchou wrote:
Ok, so when I take the relics out, I can just play "vanilla Small world" without any problems?

Kinda confused about the two different answers now

Yeah, without the relics and places of power, it is pretty much vanilla Small World. The monsters on the board will act just like the tribesmen. The main difference will be the river, which acts a little differently then the regular Small World (although it sounds like the new River World expansion will add rivers to Small World soon).

Days of Wonder's website has all the rulebooks available if you want to check them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.