Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

A) My Scoundrel has 5 moves left. 4 moves would take her to the next closed door. The door would open and the enemies would be spawned (and some of them would possibly act out of turn if their initiative step had already passed). Could my Scoundrel then use her remaining 1 move to move further into the room or wherever else?

B) The bandits draw the Enemy action card that states 'Shield 1; Retaliate 2'. Does this mean that they do not attack or move this round and only activate the Shield/Retaliate buffs for themselves?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
A) yes. You also may do your second action if you opened the door in your first one.

B) the new units with lover initiative than you act. Then you finish your turn. Then everyone else with the higher initiative value acts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
B) the new units with lover initiative than you act. Then you finish your turn. Then everyone with higher initiative value acts.
Thanks, but your 'B' answer is part of your answer to my 'A' question if I read it right.

I'm still searching for an answer on my question 'B'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose you do not draw any new card, if the card of the specific monster is on the board, no? And the card should be evaluated completely (for the figures, that did not act yet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question 'B' is about the situation where enemies don't draw 'Move' or 'Attack' actions and if they still take offensive moves towards my characters or if they only do what their action card commands them to do (as in the expample card buff themselves).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten van Houte
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On (B): the action card determines what they do. See p. 10 of the rules: "A monster will perform each of these abilities [i.e. abilities listed on the action card] in the order listed (if possible) and then end its turn[.]" And p. 31: "A monster will attack on its turn if “Attack±X” is part of its ability card."
So a monster only performs the actions/abilities listed on its action card, nothing else. No move or attack on the card = no move or attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew G Somers
United States
flag msg tools
rashktah wrote:
The door would open and the enemies would be spawned (and some of them would possibly act out of turn if their initiative step had already passed).

mrakomor wrote:
B) the new units with lover initiative than you act. Then you finish your turn.

Just to be perfectly clear here, I believe this to be incorrect -- When you open a door on your turn, you finish out the rest of your turn before any monsters act. For reference, from page 19, Revealing a Room: "Once the revealing character’s turn ends, the initiative values of all monsters in the new room are reviewed, and any monster type that has a lower initiative value than the revealing character (i.e., they should have acted earlier in the round) must immediately act out their turn (in normal initiative order in case of multiple monster types in this situation)." Thus, I do believe it would be possible for you to enter a room with Bandit Guards, and although they might have a 'Shield 1; Retaliate 2' ability card, assuming you had some form of attack, you could immediately assault them without having to worry about those abilities as they wouldn't actually trigger until after your turn -- Consider this the element of surprise, haha... Really, it's the only way to make an entrance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harrison
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
ManWithBirdLikeWing wrote:
rashktah wrote:
The door would open and the enemies would be spawned (and some of them would possibly act out of turn if their initiative step had already passed).

mrakomor wrote:
B) the new units with lover initiative than you act. Then you finish your turn.

Just to be perfectly clear here, I believe this to be incorrect -- When you open a door on your turn, you finish out the rest of your turn before any monsters act. For reference, from page 19, Revealing a Room: "Once the revealing character’s turn ends, the initiative values of all monsters in the new room are reviewed, and any monster type that has a lower initiative value than the revealing character (i.e., they should have acted earlier in the round) must immediately act out their turn (in normal initiative order in case of multiple monster types in this situation)." Thus, I do believe it would be possible for you to enter a room with Bandit Guards, and although they might have a 'Shield 1; Retaliate 2' ability card, assuming you had some form of attack, you could immediately assault them without having to worry about those abilities as they wouldn't actually trigger until after your turn -- Consider this the element of surprise, haha... Really, it's the only way to make an entrance!

Yeah, this is what I thought; I was wondering if I had misread the rules or something reading this thread. Thanks for bringing it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stk mx
United States
Elburn
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
Hi!

A) My Scoundrel has 5 moves left. 4 moves would take her to the next closed door. The door would open and the enemies would be spawned (and some of them would possibly act out of turn if their initiative step had already passed). Could my Scoundrel then use her remaining 1 move to move further into the room or wherever else?

B) The bandits draw the Enemy action card that states 'Shield 1; Retaliate 2'. Does this mean that they do not attack or move this round and only activate the Shield/Retaliate buffs for themselves?

Thanks!

The bandits would not attack in this situation, because they do not act until after the Scoundrel's turn depending on initiative values. Given that Retaliate is in the Monster Action Card, which is a reaction to an attack - this too would not be into effect until after the Scoundrel's turn.

The interesting question in this situation is, if there were already Bandits in play from the existing room and their initiative value was lower than the Scoundrel: Would the Retaliate of the newly revealed bandits be in effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew G Somers
United States
flag msg tools
stkmx1 wrote:
The interesting question in this situation is, if there were already Bandits in play from the existing room and their initiative value was lower than the Scoundrel: Would the Retaliate of the newly revealed bandits be in effect?

No, "Once the revealing character’s turn ends, the initiative values of all monsters in the new room are reviewed...". The newly revealed Bandits would still be considered part of "all monsters in the new room", and therefore they would not act until after the Scoundrel's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Mathew is correct. Looks like you guys got this one sorted out on your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.