Subject: General advice for your 2nd world rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi! We just finished our 2nd world of Risk Legacy (it is called Kronos II) and I just want to share our learnings with you. Please feel free to comment / add!

There are of course spoilers all over this post.

- Do not open the large packages too early:
We opened the Mutants and Aliens very early (almost as soon as possible) and this did not ruin our world, but it made it too hard for the Human factions. I know - the game is all about being not symmetrical. Yes, but Aliens/Mutants are really strong. (Especially as our Mutants evolved Body/Offensive). Give Human factions time to develop and open the new factions later.
IF you open the new factions early => push the Humans by giving them blue/brown stickers or private missions (just an idea).

- Do not place an ammo shortage in Africa:
Australia and SA are interesting, of course. Asia and Europe are almost impossible to keep and NA is possible. We placed ammo shortage in African border countries in both worlds and Africa was always "dead." We removed the scar in game 14 of world #2

- Do not repeat mistakes (as always in life ):
We (or better said: one player) connected the world capital to alien island and the fallout territory to Australia which had an environmental scar. So the mutants were in Australia very often. This player had an idea, but it was wrong. So try to convince players for these game changing decisions to think twice or three times.

- Do buy the Spielbox-expansion:
In my opinion, these cards give small advantages to players without major cities and/or rockets. You don't get punished for having cities/rockets, but it is easier for others to catch up.

- Do include the DNOE-package:
Oh yes, do it! We decided to open ours after game 8 and it was a good idea ;-) [We had the ancient beings.]

- Do push the world capital:
Place it on top of the mission deck if you have/want to. We did not have it in world #1 and again: it is nice! There is one more critical combat zone on the board.

- Play with the same people than world #1, play with clever players and/or explain really good what/whan/why happened (in) world #1. Inexperienced, normal-skilled players have a huge disadvantage over experienced players.

- If you play with any non-English version:
Check for translation mistakes!! The German version has some very critical errors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We also put an ammo shortage in North Africa. After our first game we old timers just stared at the board thinking to ourselves "what have we done..." My son and nephew were playing with us un couldn't understand why the old men were so quiet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yes!

short term: cool
long term: oh my god...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want more fun, read the variants forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Williams
msg tools
where is the variations forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
Lewd wrote:
where is the variations forum?

http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1072354/risk-legacy/variants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.