$30.00
Gary
United Kingdom
Lewes
East Sussex
flag msg tools
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
With so many stretch goals and so much choice available, players may be thinking that some 'under-powered' figures are not going to get used. This variant solves that problem.

Players draft an army in the normal way. They then give that army to their opponent and wish them the best of luck.

Eh that's it... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark keedwell
United Kingdom
weston super mare
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it that be interesting to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarto: Pantheon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm most likely going to have randomized drafts.

Essentially, I randomly select 4 gods, 5 heros, 4 monsters, and 6 troops that will be the available pool for the current game. This will prevent the game from having too big a pool and making it unwieldy and it will make it so that as much of the game is used as possible and make every game very, very different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too like the idea of a random pool to choose from, similar to how Dominion is set up. I wonder how astronomical the 12pt army permutations will be once all the stretch goals and expansions are revealed.

Either way, it will literally be impossible to play all the permutations in one lifetime. Would be a shame to reduce such a wonderful world of choices to just a few must play characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
another way is go total random...ie: all pick a god from card or dice rolls number the gods then roll a dice d10 or whatever.the dice number you get is the god you get..then mix all heroes cards together shuffle and pick top card pass deck to next player.same thing with monsters. leave all heroes and monsters all together in a big pool..then no one knows what the other has until its picked [must show card to show you have got it of course!].
this would be one totally random game...thoughts guys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A more deterministic option:

Each player drafts a unit, then vetoes another unit. Vetoed units are unavailable to either player for that game. No vetoes until everyone has drafted one unit, which means the person who drafts last als gets the first veto.

So if your opponent looks like he's setting up for that combo you hate, just veto a key unit of that combo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.