Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm a long time boardgame fan, and a long time designer.
The problem is, most of my ideas only reach the design stage. I'm not skilled with image manipulation software, and attempts at creating something printable have been excruciatingly slow.
I suppose that for some people using Photoshop or GIMP is a piece of cake. Maybe someone would like to cooperate with me on creating content for Eldritch Horror?

Here's my portfolio of sorts. I post some fraction of my ideas there, mainly those that I deem innovative in some way.

I'll happily answer any questions if someone's interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Roux Van Der Vyver
msg tools
mb
Hey Krzysiek!

I am fairly new to boardgames, but not to logic. I have greatly enjoyed the challenges Eldritch Horror throws at you and your explanation of rules in these forums was invaluable in learning to play the game.
I am not a pro at most PC software, but I can learn things fairly quick. I have also been working on a little Eldritch Project. Had a look at your link. My thoughts are that the project will likely need to be in 2 parts:

1) - Components already in place in Eldritch. So that would be new spells, Mythos etc. Where you need the image and style of card to match what they currently do.

2) - Brand new components. Can design these how you wish as there is no base to compare them to.

You seem to have a lot of Type 1 ideas on your link already and you have probably spent more time on balancing and understanding the balance of items in place than I have. I think I would be most useful initially in seeding and creating Type 2 ideas. Possibly additional Adventures or something that interacts with the Expedition Token (I don't use that thing a lot in my games and most Artifacts aren't worth the effort these days)

One thing I really like is Personal Stories, but not completely like Arkham. I saw someone already did that here. More of like Stories/Quests per class. So if you playing a spell caster you draw a random Caster Quest which gives you something between a Task and Adventure to complete, with an unknown penalty/reward. Can even make duplicates so that reward/penalty is not known.

If interested lets chat!

Also im new to BGG so I am sorry if I am slow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Making the templates is the hard part; once you have them, it's fairly easy: you just drop in your graphics and update the text.

I'm in the middle of updating my templates so I can send them off for printing, so I'm not able to upload mine and have them be consistent (they're currently a mix of actual-card-size and with-bleed size). However, I've seen other people having done their own templates, and you may be able to talk one of them into uploading what they have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.