3 Posts

Elder Sign» Forums » General

Subject: Epic Battle Cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Koen Pater
msg tools
Hey there, new Elder Sign player here!

I'm curious about the Epic Battle Cards from the Grave Consequences expansion, and I was wondering if someone would be so nice as to post a few examples?

I noticed they were just fluff headers + rules, whereas in Arkham they also had story on them. Now the same is done with the Mythos cards and that works well enough, but I'm not quite sure if it will suffice for the Epic Fight cards as well. Hopefully a few examples would set my mind at ease (or push me into making my own).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Please move this to ES: Grave Consequences

To the OP: Epic Battle cards set priority on which part attacks first (in case they are allowed to attack); in some cases, they have a benefical effect like rewarding investigators with items, in some others they have detrimental effects. I won't spoil the cards in detail (I'm at work now and I don't have the game with me), but I can assure you they add quite a dynamic effect to the game (I won impossible to win battles, and lost incredibly easy ones).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Please move this to ES: Grave Consequences

To the OP: Epic Battle cards set priority on which part attacks first (in case they are allowed to attack); in some cases, they have a benefical effect like rewarding investigators with items, in some others they have detrimental effects. I won't spoil the cards in detail (I'm at work now and I don't have the game with me), but I can assure you they add quite a dynamic effect to the game (I won impossible to win battles, and lost incredibly easy ones).

I call them the Battle Mythos cards as they seem to activate similarly to Mythos cards before the Ancient One wakes up (every 4 investigators that attack will draw a new card, like every 4 turns in the adventure part). Thank god I gave the rules a closer look as I thought it made the ancient one attack MORE OFTEN, though it could happen depending on how the deck is shuffled (First card has the AO attack last, the freshly drawn one has the AO attack first!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.