4 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » General

Subject: The Packaging! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anna S
Australia
flag msg tools
I am INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED that the base game box had broken within minutes of opening because the plastic is way too weak to function I'm guessing.

Furthermore, why the hell would you package the expansions in a square shallow box and not a deep rectangular one (like Cards Against Humanity for example) when the whole game is designed to be stacked in a specific order for game play? I can just see the two piles shifting around the box and becoming a disorganised mess when moved.

Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that you pay $40-50(AUD) per expansion for shitty packaging? They couldn't even shape a bit of cardboard between the two decks?

Have only played the Marcy Case, but assume all expansions are like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the other scenarios are similarly packaged.

Contact the Australian distributor, you should be able to get a replacement insert made from sturdier plastic.

EDIT: Welcome to BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna S
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks for that, will do! I've read that people have been packaging their expansions in sandwich bags and the like, but that still seems ridiculous.

Also, tried to solve the problem by putting the Marcy Case in the base game but now I have a pointless, empty Marcy Case box which seems like a good waste of time, resources and money.

All very strange. The worst part is that the game is so good, I'm going to keep buying them anyway. *sigh*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizzie j
New Zealand
flag msg tools
look into my eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
But with many games people bag the components, add expansions to the base box and either have empty expansion boxes or they turf them out altogether.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.