tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RIOT has stated they will make as many reprints as it takes to get the game in the hands of anyone that wants it. I think currently there is still stock from the Wave1 second printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lightb0x copper
msg tools
Thanks Mike.
I was actually waiting for the reprint to fix the card and rulebook errors. Thus, thinking when will be a good time to get the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, Wave 2 will be available in Spring 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Lake Park
Florida
flag msg tools
Any dream can take over the world.
badge
The only thing more evil than Cthulhu . . . . Kickstarter Addiction!
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO, I don't think the few small mistakes are really worth waiting on this game. This is EASILY my best game of this year. Awesome quality, engaging and simple gameplay, and super easy to teach. I've had success getting gamers and non-gamers into this game. All the times played, haven't had any issues regarding any misprints yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lightb0x wrote:
Thanks Mike.
I was actually waiting for the reprint to fix the card and rulebook errors. Thus, thinking when will be a good time to get the game.

As far as I'm aware, the card and rulebook errors are fixed as of the second part of Wave 1, shipping in December (hopefully).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wave 1 Shipment 2 (the December order) has the schematic correctly labeled along with some other minor rulebook errata getting fixed.

Wave 2 will have more robust rule clarifications (based on feedback here) and will probably ship sometime between March and May of next year.

And if we need a Wave 3, then I expect we'll take a similar approach and update whatever we think will provide the most player value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g3p g3p
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Wave 1 Shipment 2 (the December order) has the schematic correctly labeled along with some other minor rulebook errata getting fixed.

Wave 2 will have more robust rule clarifications (based on feedback here) and will probably ship sometime between March and May of next year.

And if we need a Wave 3, then I expect we'll take a similar approach and update whatever we think will provide the most player value.

@Chris,
Wouldn't Wave 2 also address the insert for the loose minions?
Also, was there any resolution for the sticky minions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We weren't able to solve the loose Minions for Wave 2, unfortunately. It's an ear-flick, for sure. But the solutions that we tried weren't up to snuff, so we decided to roll them back rather than delay Wave 2 by a couple months and work on a proper fix for Wave 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
We weren't able to solve the loose Minions for Wave 2, unfortunately. It's an ear-flick, for sure. But the solutions that we tried weren't up to snuff, so we decided to roll them back rather than delay Wave 2 by a couple months and work on a proper fix for Wave 3.

What is the loose minion issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Minions in the bottom tray can occasionally get turned around in their slot. On rare occasions, they may even leave the slot,though that really takes some vigor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Minions in the bottom tray can occasionally get turned around in their slot. On rare occasions, they may even leave the slot,though that really takes some vigor.

Ah, I just considered those the early minions. Easy to get out with the boards and toss into the minion bowl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

Like in shipping. Only time mine have left the slot, but they do turn. Not a big deal for me, I have other games that are 100% worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g3p g3p
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

Fair enough, I agree that there is no need to delay Wave 2 just for the insert.

Not to sound like a broken record, are we still expecting wet minions in the future prints?
I know some people reported that they just need to leave them out in the open for a couple days (/weeks), but it would be better if they are already dry upon unboxing.. Neat-picking for a near-perfect game indeed. ;p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
g3p3nk wrote:

Not to sound like a broken record, are we still expecting wet minions in the future prints?

You don't sound like a broken record at all. But this is a harder thing for me to comment on since there weren't supposed to be sticky minions in the first place. Telling you my best estimates on our future plans or what will or won't make the cut in the next wave is fine, because I have a lot of visibility over what is going into the next print run and I'd like to default to transparency when I can. But telling you that a problem - that originally blindsided us - is 'fixed' feels a bit like I'm making an assurance that I'm not in a position to guarantee (unless I check every box, myself). And I think those types of assurances are pretty cheap. When you've messed up, it's your actions that tend to speak the loudest.

I will say that we've worked closely with Panda on this problem specifically and extensively now that we're aware of it. Panda has built in a 'drying' and 'cooking' period - as well as revamping their quality assurance checklist - so that all of the minions should be completely dry before they go into their trays. They've been on the forums themselves to discuss the root cause and detail out our solution. I actually have very high confidence that this has been fully resolved (otherwise I'd still have us working on it). But ultimately, while I can tell you what we did to solve the problem, I don't see it as 'solved' until I get word from you guys. Or in this case, I hope I hear nothing because it becomes a non-issue.

I try my best to not over-promise to you guys. In this situation, specifically, it'd probably be easiest and a pretty safe bet to make a broad assurance and be on my way. But the truth is, I don't get to tell you when something is good enough - you get to tell me that.

What I will say is that if we find a problem, we'll do everything we can to both fix it and learn from our mistakes so it won't happen again. That's a promise the whole team is committed to keeping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the cut of your jib, Chris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
g3p g3p
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the reply, Chris! =D

So I suppose starting from Wave 1 Shipment 2, Panda have incorporated this extra drying step and QA check?

Just like OP, I was just trying to get more information to make an informed decision if I should wait for future wave, or I should jump on Wave 1 Shipment 2.
Obviously, things will get better in the future wave, but if i keep waiting then I won't ever get it.. ^^;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
g3p3nk wrote:

So I suppose starting from Wave 1 Shipment 2, Panda have incorporated this extra drying step and QA check?

Yup, that's my understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reveur 81
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Riot Kades wrote:

Hi ! Other languages are planned for Wave 2 ?

I would love to play this game with my kids !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
reveur81 wrote:

The next Wave, shipping in the Spring, should include some German units. Our hope is that we can use those to better understand the demand of units in other languages. Nothing firm, but I think Spanish and French are pretty high on the list to explore after that. A variety of factors contribute to that decision, though. I'll keep you posted as those decisions finalize over the coming months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Stelling
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
dasmurphy
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
reveur81 wrote:

The next Wave, shipping in the Spring, should include some German units. Our hope is that we can use those to better understand the demand of units in other languages. Nothing firm, but I think Spanish and French are pretty high on the list to explore after that. A variety of factors contribute to that decision, though. I'll keep you posted as those decisions finalize over the coming months.

German? Really? I ordered a Wave 1 Shipping 2. Would it be possible to cancel the order before shipping and then reorder when a german copy exists?

Or is an upgrade pack in German also in the works? (I also would order it...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
g3p3nk wrote:
Also, was there any resolution for the sticky minions?

As someone who had sticky minions, it only took leaving the trays out of the box for 48 hours to alleviate that issue. I live in a drier climate so YMMV, but it was a minor inconvenience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dasmurphy wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
reveur81 wrote:

German? Really? I ordered a Wave 1 Shipping 2. Would it be possible to cancel the order before shipping and then reorder when a german copy exists?

Or is an upgrade pack in German also in the works? (I also would order it...)

Yes, you can cancel your order, though we are planning on printing additional boaeds/cards/dossiers to provide German Upgrade packs. Those should be available at the same time as the German version. (Around May?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Steffen
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
You are awesome! I just had to tell you that..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
[...] though we are planning on printing additional boaeds/cards/dossiers to provide German Upgrade packs. Those should be available at the same time as the German version. (Around May?)

That's really great! Incredible customer service, based on just a couple of requests ... You guys are simply awesome!

I guess it's too soon to ask about the expected price range of the German Upgrade Pack, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.