10 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Expansion automa questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I got the expansion and been reading the rules there are a couple of things i didn't understand

- the rule says the first time playing with the expansion replace cards, does this means that after the first time I can put all the cards together ?
Or I have to discard those cards every time the automa use any of the new factions ?

- what are the "MeAnder" and the other token for ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dgenclass wrote:
So I got the expansion and been reading the rules there are a couple of things i didn't understand

- the rule says the first time playing with the expansion replace cards, does this means that after the first time I can put all the cards together ?
Or I have to discard those cards every time the automa use any of the new factions ?

You can toss the four old out. From now on you'll be playing with the four new ones instead even if you play the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dgenclass wrote:

They're replacing the corresponding abilities on the faction mats of Polania and Crimea when playing 6 or 7 player (see page 3).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
dgenclass wrote:

They're replacing the corresponding abilities on the faction mats of Polania and Crimea when playing 6 or 7 player (see page 3).

Thanks for the quick answer Morten!

Aww those poor 4 cards

Maybe I can use those tokens to mix up some games , will they break the game too much if I use them in a solo game ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Miniature Market would get their pre-order copies of 'Invaders' in, I would be so happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dgenclass wrote:
Aww those poor 4 cards

LOL, well you could frame them & hang them.

With Scythe at least it's only 4 cards in an optional deck. My son just got his Evolution: Climate upgrade kit & it tosses something like 20-ish cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dgenclass wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
dgenclass wrote:

Thanks for the quick answer Morten!

Aww those poor 4 cards

Maybe I can use those tokens to mix up some games , will they break the game too much if I use them in a solo game ?

Hmmm, that's a good question. It would alter the balance of the Automa's actions, but since I don't remember what's on the cards and I'm on my phone away from home I can't check and thus don't know what the impact will be.

Alternatively we can hold a wake for the four cards and have a pint or two .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Brock

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered/purchased one Invaders upgrade, but have not received it yet. I have also purchased two extra Automa decks, so I have three Automa decks. Will there be a way to obtain or purchase two more copies of just those four cards that need to be replaced?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brockneil wrote:
I ordered/purchased one Invaders upgrade, but have not received it yet. I have also purchased two extra Automa decks, so I have three Automa decks. Will there be a way to obtain or purchase two more copies of just those four cards that need to be replaced?

When an Automa plays a base game faction, then the four new cards and the four old cards are functionally identical.

So if you only play with one Automa playing an expansion faction, then you won't need more copies of the extra cards.

Similarly, if you want Automas to play both the two new factions, then you'll need an additional set of the four new cards.

Whether extra copies of the four cards will be up for sale, I don't know, so I'll pass your question on to Jamey Stegmaier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
brockneil wrote:

Whether extra copies of the four cards will be up for sale, I don't know, so I'll pass your question on to Jamey Stegmaier.

I just heard back from Jamey.

In each print run, we print extra copies to use as replacements for those who get defective copies. We print more of those than we expect to use, and once we're sure that most people have their copies, we can tell how many surplus copies we have and we'll put them up on our site.

For Scythe I think that we waited a month or so after release to put the extra copies up for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.