Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So last night we were ending our game night at our FLGS, and someone said "lets play love letter" I pulled it out, and there were four of us, so I pulled out the original cards (without the new ones). Someone said "Lets play with the new cards, its more interesting. I pointed out this was an untested variant (from my perspective), but we went ahead and did it.

It worked just fine, played just as well with 4 players and the big deck as it did with 4 players and the small deck, or 6 players and the big deck.

Just information for those that really like the new cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Williams
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
That is good to hear. Did you find that using all the cards made the rounds go longer and thus made it more likely that everyone would be knocked out before all the cards were exhausted ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mizzoutiger wrote:
That is good to hear. Did you find that using all the cards made the rounds go longer and thus made it more likely that everyone would be knocked out before all the cards were exhausted ?

We have a group of hardcore players so we rarely get to the end of even the sixteen card set (maybe 1 in 7 rounds) so we didn't adjust the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Cherry
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
How did the Baroness (look at 2 player's cards) work out?

that's the only card from the expanded set of cards that I'm wrried about seeing in a smaller game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Joe says...Be nice today!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played today with 4p using the whole deck and say the exact opposite. Do NOT use the full deck. With 4 people some cards are overpowering.

Baroness for sure should only be used as a Priest.
Cardinal is also very strong, having 2 people swap and look at one card.
And then the same issue reported about other cards.

I'd strongly suggest using a subset of the cards, maybe use the base deck and replace a Prince, Handmaid, and Guard for a 0 card, and the other 4/5 card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.