Subject: Step Following "Challenge Completion" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. B.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was learning/playing the new AEG release of Eight Epics last night and came across a typo in the rulebook that I need clarification on. After completing a single challenge within a disaster, what is the player's next step?

Within the rulebook, it states the next step is "Step 3" which is using health to use a power. However, the quick reference guide on the back of the rulebook states the next step is "Step 2" which is the Reroll step.

Which is correct? Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

I don't think it s a typo. In fact, your hero has only one free reroll on his turn.
As his turn has already begun, he didn't have a second reroll. So it goes to step 3 you can reroll or use his hability by spending one life or end his turn and then the next hero begin his phase.
In this case the new hero has his free reroll.

That is what I understand from the rules and the video review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. B.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the help! I appreciate it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr, Figoli
Uruguay
Montevideo
flag msg tools
mb
Hi!, i have the same question as you, so i checked the last online rulebook, the 1.6, and the ruling is different

"After the new dice pool is rolled, the active
player may then go back to Step 2: Rerolls if
they want to attempt the new challenge with
the active avatar (going back to Step 1 to select
a new avatar is not allowed). "

I think that has to be the last version of the manual, so the quick reference seems to be the correct official rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr, Figoli
Uruguay
Montevideo
flag msg tools
mb
(That say, is way, WAY more challenging with the One free Reroll for turn, i playing it that way, official or not )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Edwards
United States
Grove City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the help offered but this is still confusing to me. The latest rulebook sounds like the op's question which seems like a typo. Do you get a "free" reroll upon moving to another challenge with the same hero or does a hero get exactly one "free" reroll when originally selected regardless of how many challenges he is used on?

If there could be more clarity and something official that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katrina
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Kanai Factory Limited Edition from 2016. There is nothing on the back page quick reference regarding this rule, just the text in the rulebook saying go back to Step 3. I think there are a few other changes/improvements to the game so they probably fixed this issue as well for clarity's sake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.