Popular Tags: [View All]
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on how Amigo has refreshed expedition with its 2016 release. Looks good, and £17.95 on amazon.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
I haven't actually played Expedition, but I've read the rules. I don't see any obvious difference from the original game. An important thing that is the same is that although the game is essentially language-independent to play, there is a lot of flavour text on the cards.

Where do you see that it's a "compact" edition? I don't see that and I'm wondering how the game could work without a big map board.

If you don't already know about it you should probably check out Expedition: Famous Explorers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
The board appears to be the same size, but with an extra fold, so it fits in a smaller box. 4 panel vs. 6 panel, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg K
Germany
flag msg tools
The new Amigo Edition is more compact because the map is folded in 8 pieces. The rules are actually really different from the original. I have yet to try them out, but they seem interesting. In the "Expert" Version you have to pick 5 important places in 5 different continents. You do not actually have to have the cards for those places, so there is some bluffing involved. Also the public cards are not longer refilled which might make the game a little bit more strategic. I already played this new version with the old rules and it works well. Would recommend it, because this is a very nice looking version of the game with thick chips and newly added places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.