504» Forums » General

Subject: Similar game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
123123 123123
msg tools
Does this

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/105864/cards

follow a similar game construction approach?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Behrooz Shahriari
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhat. In 'On the Cards', the game changes as you play.

I consider them very similar in the modular construction and think that OtC is a better design - more fun to play and instantly enjoyable even for non-gamers, though 504 is probably better for folk who like longer games.

I actually want to buy more copies of OtC before they sell out. Thanks for reminding me. :-p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedemann Friese has a trick taking card game with a similiar sounding concept to 504 called Stich-Meister.

As far as I can tell it is only released in German and appears to be very language dependent, but I have seen people make paste ups for the cards and then sleeve it.

I heard on a podcast that he was working to reprint this game into at least English, if not other languages. He did not know when this would happen though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
123123 123123
msg tools
educatedgravy wrote:
Friedemann Friese has a trick taking card game with a similiar sounding concept to 504 called Stich-Meister.

As far as I can tell it is only released in German and appears to be very language dependent, but I have seen people make paste ups for the cards and then sleeve it.

I heard on a podcast that he was working to reprint this game into at least English, if not other languages. He did not know when this would happen though.

Interesting! Friedemann Friese seems to be trying to find out how many permutations of systematically combining well known game mechanics might "fly". He seems to be trying this out in multiple variantions as shown here...

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/114031/copycat

...which is "Fremde Federn" (aka "Copycat"). Do you agree? Timeline, when did all these games come out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.