Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: BoardGames inserts designer ¿Which software do you use? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Diaz
msg tools
Hi! I will go straight to the point, a close friend of mine has access to a laser cutter in the university and I wanted to design my custom inserts in mdf wood for some of my games, I already designed a foam core solution and I just wanted to remake them in a different material.

I need some advice regarding what software people use to design them, right now I'm using Fusion 360, but I saw videos of some people even using Adobe Ilustrator! I dont want to spend weeks and weeks trying to learn how to use Fusion 360 properly just to find that everyone else is doing it in another program with an easier learning curve.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Russell
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use CorelDraw X6 because I am very familiar with it. Our laser is driven by a print driver directly from CorelDraw. But Illustrator is a similar product and will do the trick too. Inkscape is the open source version of those 2 software packages and is available for download. I am not the best person to speak to in terms of usability. I have been using CorelDraw since version 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I do my designing in Illustrator, but the laser I use works with CorelDraw, so I've learned the basics of that as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.