Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier Avilés
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me the rulebook is clear, but just to be on the safe side. "After each player has had the opportunity to commit characters, the encounter deck reveals one card per player." So, if NO characters commits to a quest the encounter deck does NOT reavel any card, right? We just need to add up the threat on the tracker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impostor wrote:
To me the rulebook is clear, but just to be on the safe side. "After each player has had the opportunity to commit characters, the encounter deck reveals one card per player." So, if NO characters commits to a quest the encounter deck does NOT reavel any card, right? We just need to add up the threat on the tracker.

The encounter deck reveals on card per player per round no matter whether or not the players committed to the quest or not. I guess you are misreading/misinterpreting the rules.

"After each player has had the opportunity to commit characters, the encounter deck reveals one card per player."

This means you have the OPPORTUNITY to commit to the quest and then the encounter deck reveals a card per player (not per committed player)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eckes
United States
Bloomington
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is not correct - the encounter deck ALWAYS reveals a # of cards equal to the number of players in the game. Even if you commit no characters to the quest, the encounter deck will reveal a card for you.

So, for example, if you are playing two player and have a heavy questing deck and a heavy combat deck, and the questing deck is the only one that commits any characters to the quest, the encounter deck will still reveal two cards (or more if either have Surge).

One note here: if, in the above scenario, the questing deck is eliminated (say, in the Combat Phase), the next quest phase because there is now only one player left in the game, the encounter deck will only reveal one card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Avilés
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!!! I am new to the game and I am enjoying it enormously but I stumbled on some of the rules. I appreciate the responses very much. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impostor wrote:

Think of it this way -- if the Fellowship takes the day off, does Sauron lighten up on them out of sympathy? Heck no. sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Avilés
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
Impostor wrote:

Think of it this way -- if the Fellowship takes the day off, does Sauron lighten up on them out of sympathy? Heck no. sauron

Couldn't say it better! laugh Now I get it... So far, Sauron is brutalizing my crew of desperate Middle Earthers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Impostor wrote:
Thanks guys!!! I am new to the game and I am enjoying it enormously but I stumbled on some of the rules. I appreciate the responses very much. laugh
don't worry. it's a commonly missed rule actually, and a big source of the complaints about the game from newer players

if you see some of the negative reviews of this game, they often get this rule wrong lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
Impostor wrote:
don't worry. it's a commonly missed rule actually, and a big source of the complaints about the game from newer players

if you see some of the negative reviews of this game, they often get this rule wrong lol.

Basically any review that starts with, "This game is way too easy!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.