3 Posts

Fireteam Zero» Forums » General

Subject: Accessibility and playtime? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

The playtime here is listed as "90 Minutes" and the average weight is between 2.5 and 3. I am interested to get this game to play with my more casual gamer friends.

How long does this game really take (including setup)? Is it accessible enough for casual gamers?

FYI: I ditched Zombicide: Black Plague, because it`s far too long including setup and did not like the restricted player count (6 characters for each missions). And I found the choices here are a bit lackluster (not enough depth)

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Iceskaarj wrote:
Hi guys,

The playtime here is listed as "90 Minutes" and the average weight is between 2.5 and 3. I am interested to get this game to play with my more casual gamer friends.

How long does this game really take (including setup)? Is it accessible enough for casual gamers?

FYI: I ditched Zombicide: Black Plague, because it`s far too long including setup and did not like the restricted player count (6 characters for each missions). And I found the choices here are a bit lackluster (not enough depth)

Thanks in advance

I have a very laidback group that plays pretty slowly, and we can finish a game in 2 hours or so.

Unless things go really badly. In which case we can finish in about half an hour

Setup doesn't take a painful amount of time, but for many missions you get options for which skills and cards to take, so there might be some decisions to make and a bit of conversation to work out synergies.

I think this game plays very smoothly and elegantly, but it's worth noting that every player has their own unique deck of action cards, which means it takes longer to "learn the ropes" compared to a game where you might have a movement value, an attack value, and maybe one special ability to learn. You need to pick characters and stick with them to really learn how they work, and that might take a game or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the game is easy to learn. Every turn you move and attack or move and flip an exploration token. That's it.

However, the game is very difficult. Sometimes that is off-putting to lighter gamers. Heavier gamers tend not only to like more complex rules but also greater challenges. A lighter gamer might be frustrated or find the game to be lacking in fun.

Hopefully you know your friends' tastes well enough to know whether that is a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.