Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, this is for anyone who plays this game, reads this forum, and/or lives under a rock. And, wants to add something to Advanced Space Crusade or Tyranid Attack. So, pretend you still actually play ASC and/or TA. Oh, and I cross-posted this on other BGG Games Workshop forums. So, sue me.

Just in case you do live under a rock, Games Workshop has been producing new boardgames. They come with interesting miniatures. Now, I am NOT pimping any product, Dammit! I haven't even seen these miniatures in person. But, I hear these Mk III Marines are cool. They look cool. And, I know they are cheap on eBay. I bought some, but have not received them yet. So, am NOT even endorsing them. It's NOT about me, it's for the children!

Did you ever want to add brutal, ugly Power Armored Marines to your games of ASC or TA? Uh, duh, of course you have. But, were waiting for armor that looked like it would specialize in boarding actions? Oh, and price IS an object. Well...

The Marines in the new game Burning of Prospero have Horus Heresy era Mk III "Iron Armor." Yes, it's an ancient type of Power Armor, but it would still be in specialized use up to the current 40K timeline. BY the way, did you know that even if the games ASC and TA are over a quarter-century old, Tyranids are relatively new to the 40K Universe timeline? Like mid-41st Millennium. Tyranids may be the newest threat to the Galaxy. No matter, Mk III armor is still in use.

The most visually brutal and imposing of all the widely produced armor marks, Mark III was intended as a suit specialized for situations where heavier frontal protection would be advantageous, such as in the close confines of spacecraft and mining complexes. The Iron Armour's structure has augmented frontal defense and incorporates additional ablative plates, and is intended foremost for use in boarding actions, tunnel assaults and void warfare.
-LEXICANUM

If you ever wanted to add Power Armor Space Marines to ASC or TA, this would be a dandy addition. Burning of Prospero squads come with a variety of weapons. They are readily available on eBay at reduced prices (about half the retail price of current, regular Marine boxes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Squad done. These guys live up to the hype! Brutal looking. Also, maybe a tad larger than previous marines. Their 32mm base is slightly higher. Fun to build, easy to paint. Really nice sculpts. I added a little to these. Bought a Heavy Flamer off ebay. And, a nice guy at the FLGS sold me some spare breacher shields and arms (for less than they cost him from Forge World).

OK, not exactly WYSIWYG, but close enough for a game that's a quarter-century old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Coming soon. $50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.