Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: Less than 3 months until The Cast are Dice 2007 (UK) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I completely forgot to do my monthly reminder to get your tickets booked for The Cast are Dice 2007!

Held in the Regent Theatre in Stoke-on-Trent, this is a weekend full of nothing but open board gaming and card gaming.

This year it will be held on Saturday 18th August and Sunday 19th August

Last year was our first one, and we had over 125 people come along (mainly members of BGG), and it proved to be a great success, with lots of games played, lots of new friendships made, and a lot of faces put to the names & avatars of people here at BGG.

This year we expect around 150 people on each day (although these things are traditionally busier on the Saturday than the Sunday).


Stuff that is different for this year's event:

- A free game for everyone who pre-books a weekend ticket *

- A free car sticker for everyone **

- Plenty of games tables (both 5' and 4' round tables this year, so the smaller games won't look quite so lost!)


More details can be found at the website (www.thecastaredice.co.uk), or if you prefer just ask here or send me a message.

See you in August!


Nick

* - Thanks to the generosity of many companies ... a list is being constantly updated on the website

** - Thanks to Meeplepeople.com

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zopper Alf
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One day I'll come over and join you! Sounds really cool.
Good luck with everything,
Simon
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taj Mahal, anyone?
Switzerland
Basel
Läckerli State
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zopper-Alf wrote:
One day I'll come over and join you! Sounds really cool.
Good luck with everything!

Seconded.

Cornel
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I'm coming. I'm just waiting until I can make sure I get BOTH days off work before spending all my hard-earned.

It's the highlight of my gaming calendar you cheeky monkey you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick,

When do you send out the registration forms and things?
Ignore me, now found the from on the site. I have already paid for my tickets so I will send the form through with the badge details only

Chris
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there demoing and selling the second game from Reiver Games: It's Alive!. Last year's con was a great weekend and I'm very much looking forward to this one.

Cheers,

Jack
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Williams
United Kingdom
Tipton
flag msg tools
Is it always around these dates, cos it's my son's birthday on the 18th making it rather difficult to attend (I'd bring him except he's only 3!)?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
whatstherumpus wrote:
Is it always around these dates, cos it's my son's birthday on the 18th making it rather difficult to attend (I'd bring him except he's only 3!)?


Actually .... this is only our second year.

In 2006, it was the second weekend in August (12th & 13th, IIRC), and I was hoping to keep it there so that it became a "regular" slot.

However ... the day after the theatre confirmed the second weekend in August to me, they then discovered that there was a show on that weekend, so we had to move back.

Hopefully, from next year on we'll be back to the second weekend in August slot.


N.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
boltongeordie wrote:
Nick,

When do you send out the registration forms and things?
Ignore me, now found the from on the site. I have already paid for my tickets so I will send the form through with the badge details only

Chris

Hi Nick

We already booked and paid as well, but do you need this form as well for BGG login details and such like?

Cheers

Kunnagh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kunnagh wrote:
boltongeordie wrote:
Nick,

When do you send out the registration forms and things?
Ignore me, now found the from on the site. I have already paid for my tickets so I will send the form through with the badge details only

Chris

Hi Nick

We already booked and paid as well, but do you need this form as well for BGG login details and such like?

Cheers

Kunnagh

Nope.

If you've booked and paid, you're all sorted. If we need any more info, we'll get in touch.

The form is just for those who don't like to order via the web and would rather send a cheque.



N.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Huzzah!

We'll see you there. Stoke is, er, North, right? Don't worry, we'll wrap up warm...

K
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Williams
United Kingdom
Tipton
flag msg tools
Moviebuffs wrote:
whatstherumpus wrote:
Is it always around these dates, cos it's my son's birthday on the 18th making it rather difficult to attend (I'd bring him except he's only 3!)?


Actually .... this is only our second year.

In 2006, it was the second weekend in August (12th & 13th, IIRC), and I was hoping to keep it there so that it became a "regular" slot.

However ... the day after the theatre confirmed the second weekend in August to me, they then discovered that there was a show on that weekend, so we had to move back.

Hopefully, from next year on we'll be back to the second weekend in August slot.


N.

Thanks Nick,

I know the guys I game with (the gamescape lot) had a great time, so will hopefully get there next year!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bwahaha Nick knows what I think about Stoke.
Fortunately there are two beautiful oases - the venue and Shite Games! Whoooo!


I MUST sign in this year cos I want a badge, and I want an ANIMATED BADGE DAGNABBIT!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
and I want an ANIMATED BADGE DAGNABBIT!

This must be possible with flip-book technology, surely...

Quote:
Shite Games

Although after a typo(?) like that, I don't know if Luke deserves it...

Edit: I spelt 'typo' wrong... Doh!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
whatstherumpus wrote:
Is it always around these dates, cos it's my son's birthday on the 18th making it rather difficult to attend (I'd bring him except he's only 3!)?


Actually .... this is only our second year.

In 2006, it was the second weekend in August (12th & 13th, IIRC), and I was hoping to keep it there so that it became a "regular" slot.

However ... the day after the theatre confirmed the second weekend in August to me, they then discovered that there was a show on that weekend, so we had to move back.

Hopefully, from next year on we'll be back to the second weekend in August slot.


N.

More importantly, you've CHOSEN to clash with Beyond Monopoly!. Tsk tsk.

Actually, we're having a 'Gameday' this year, one day Saturday August 4th in York. Some advice wold be useful Nick. How you set up and run your tournies, how you get a dealer in, does and don'ts. Not so much a Con for us, but we want to attract new folk in with easy, quick contests.

Cheers,
jon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrees M
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, if i can sort out how to get there from Wolverhampton, i'll come!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Muzzaro wrote:
Hmm, if i can sort out how to get there from Wolverhampton, i'll come!

Hi Chris,

I just had a quick look and there are one-way train tickets from Wolverhampton available, direct to the Stoke-on-Trent station (which is walking distance from the venue) for £5. No changes and only about 30 minutes. I don't think you could drive quicker or cheaper than that.

Hope to see you there!

Sue
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kunnagh wrote:

We'll see you there. Stoke is, er, North, right? Don't worry, we'll wrap up warm...

It is, but they have all kinds of developments now - real buildings instead of caves, electricity, running water, etc. All shamelessly poached from the South, of course, but it's not too grim devil

Still trying to square things with SWMBO at the moment, but hoping to make it up for the weekend again. Last year was great!


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrees M
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mum of Meeple wrote:
Muzzaro wrote:
Hmm, if i can sort out how to get there from Wolverhampton, i'll come!

Hi Chris,

I just had a quick look and there are one-way train tickets from Wolverhampton available, direct to the Stoke-on-Trent station (which is walking distance from the venue) for £5. No changes and only about 30 minutes. I don't think you could drive quicker or cheaper than that.

Hope to see you there!

Sue

Excellent! Once i have money again i'll get a ticket ordered!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kunnagh wrote:
Quote:
and I want an ANIMATED BADGE DAGNABBIT!

This must be possible with flip-book technology, surely...

Quote:
Shite Games

Although after a typo(?) like that, I don't know if Luke deserves it...

Edit: I spelt 'typo' wrong... Doh!


*blushes*
That was embarrassing...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The website seems down

Book me in for one of the 5' tables; I'll bring Heroscapoe along again to entertain the young (and young at heart).

Richard
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls