Subject: 5 or 6 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Tatro
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
How many starting armies do folks use when playing with 5 or 6 players? And do you do anything different with the starting placement cards, or just divide the 16 cards for each side into 3 piles, with one person getting shorted one card?

Thanks,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Morgan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:5 or 6 players
Christopher Tatro (#24822),
With 5 players then get 35 armies. 6 players get 30. It doesn't matter if I have 2good/3evil or 3good/2evil or 3G/3E each person gets 5 of their appropriate good/evil cards. Then placement takes place with the person with the highest die roll picking first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Elliott
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
We set it up this way: 40 armies for 5 players, 35 for 6 players. If 5 play, we split the evil territory cards between two players (8 each) and randomly add 8 neutral cards to the good deck (16 + 8 = 24) so each good player also gets 8 cards. If 6 players, then we add 2 neutral cards to each deck (16 + 2 = 18) and every player gets dealt 6 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Morgan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg Elliott wrote:
We set it up this way: 40 armies for 5 players, 35 for 6 players. If 5 play, we split the evil territory cards between two players (8 each) and randomly add 8 neutral cards to the good deck (16 + 8 = 24) so each good player also gets 8 cards. If 6 players, then we add 2 neutral cards to each deck (16 + 2 = 18) and every player gets dealt 6 cards.

I like that idea too
Have you ever tried playing with 7 people?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Elliott
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Bighab (#25261),
Technically, we have not played with seven armies. (We played with seven people a couple weeks ago, because my daughter wouldn't play unless my wife teamed up with her as an offensive/defensive pair - you gotta be 12 yrs. old to understand that logic) Anyhow, they won the game. Go figure!cool

I've also only tried to balance the alliance playing for an equal number of opposing teams (2 on 2, 3 on 3, etc). So if we played 5 or 7, I guess we'd just play everyone for themself. Any ideas how 7 could play in an alliance game fairly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.