Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: Game Play Length rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rathma P.
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Just got the game, haven't played it yet. Just curious as to how long did one game last? Is it really that long as stated in the back of the box that 1 game can last 3-4 hours? I don't mind the length as i play Mage Knight and usually with 2 players we finish it within 3 hours. Just curious to see how long Rebellion games can last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kizer

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you're playing for the first time and checking up on a lot of the rules, the game runs about 4 hours. Now that I've played a few times, and when I'm not teaching the game to new folks, it's about 2.5 to 3 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
rathmax wrote:
Just got the game, haven't played it yet. Just curious as to how long did one game last? Is it really that long as stated in the back of the box that 1 game can last 3-4 hours? I don't mind the length as i play Mage Knight and usually with 2 players we finish it within 3 hours. Just curious to see how long Rebellion games can last.

Two new players can easily last 4 hours...

I think we have shaved it down to about 2.5 to 3 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the time on the box is fair, though obviously with more plays you could trim it down as players get more familiar with the mechanics.

When I play with my daughter, the 3-4 hour range does typically fit, unless the Rebels lose really early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Assuming you can make good decisions from the gut, this game takes 2:45 give or take 15 minutes with setup + tear down included. The first game can take 4 hours or more. Anyone that can't make up their mind or deal with tons of choices could make this game last a long long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it is true that experience will allow a quicker game, I always plan on having 4 hours of game time. Some games take that long even if you are experienced (over 20 games).

It is such a great experience so I it doesn't deter me, but i don't plan stuff for directly after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
That's with a lot of down time, too- I'd say almost half the game is spent in the refresh and assignment phases, if not more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
That's with a lot of down time, too- I'd say almost half the game is spent in the refresh and assignment phases, if not more.

Yes assignment phase is easily the longest part of the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 4 times now and each has lasted 3-5 hours. The game goes longer as you play because you gain leaders each round for the first 4 rounds - which means more assignments, more resolutions. Sure some missions are almost instant, but others take a bit of time to resolve, decisions to oppose, etc. You also end up with a large hand of missions to search through as the game progresses. Combat can take awhile too - depending on the type and number of units involved (e.g. red dice attacking black health units only hit 1 out of 6). So yeah, it can take awhile.

But it is a wonderful game if you're up for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rathma P.
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Played 5 games so far, and it didn't seem that long. I guess if you're having fun time fly's by really quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
longer than you would think but shorter than you would like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:

longer then you would like, but feels shorter than it was
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
David Umstattd wrote:

Longer than you would expect, But shorter than you would hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex S
Canada
flag msg tools
David Umstattd wrote:
jooice wrote:
David Umstattd wrote:

Longer than you would expect, But shorter than you would hope.

That's what she said!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.