Subject: So 3 teams so far? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick B.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hey guys,

so with the initial releases of the new Blood Bowl Game we will have 3 teams. Orks, Humans, and Skaven. If I read the preview of the Death Zone Season 1 book correct, there will be more teams (Nurgle, Dwarfs, Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Elves - missing someone?)

Big question here: when can we expect the release of the miniatures of the other teams and especially single miniatures (like additional positions - Big Guys a.s.o)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm home!
badge
The thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
mbmbmbmbmb
No dates have been announced for Dwarves or extra players yet, and we don't know anything about additional teams, although we've seen some images of Nurgle teams that suggest they're likely to be next.

Andy Hoare, the guy in charge of the game at GW, suggested a few days ago that we'll hear something from ForgeWorld (who we know will be doing the booster minis) very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dwarves are rumored to be released in January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, January for the dwarf team though the guy at my game store says he wouldn't be surprised if it shows up by the end of december. And he thinks the remaining season one teams will be released by april, but personally that's a bit more optimistic than I am willing to wager on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would make sence.

If Blood Bowl is going to be a huge success, then people need to start playing in leagues. If people only play one off games, Blood Bowl will never become a big thing for new players.

Nobody would start a league with only 3 teams available, I guess it will at least take all the season 1 teams, preferably more! And many players will wait for team X to be released.

The strength of Blood Bowl is league play and all the different matchups that can happen. To get to the point:

Teams needs to be released fast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be surprised if we get two teams a month, Dec, Jan, and Feb to get leagues going in full gear.

We know they have plans for an exclusive gameboard for Dwarfs.

We also know that they have plans for another deck of Event cards and likely Magic cards.

We know that Apothecaries, Cheerleaders, and Wizards are coming too.

I bet they hammer this hard for 4 months and then ease off til next fall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke the Great
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
puzzlemonkey wrote:
although we've seen some images of Nurgle teams that suggest they're likely to be next.

Wait what? Where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://theendzone.co/blog/nurgle-tabletop-concept-art-galler...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:

Nobody would start a league with only 3 teams available

I guess you are right, but in all honesty, people have been playing soccer (or football or pick whatever sport you like) for decades with only one team (Humans). A league with three different races is viable as each team can still be developed differently. Heck, maybe even an all Human league would be fun to try...

Recently GW seems to have rediscovered their love for the "Games" in their name and I am very happy to see their continued efforts to push boxed games and expansions into the market. Based on these last months I am confident that we will see many more teams in 2017. And if not, there are plenty of 3rd party options available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Word is that the app will have rules for old teams in it so that everyone can get going with older minis.

May also be free downloads, but who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be a PDF with rosters for all the old teams when the game releases. So all the old players will be able to use their old miniatures.

The app will only contain the teams from the Core box and season 1.

And I still strongly beleive that they need to get all the Season 1 teams out fast. One of the key features of Blood Bowl are the team diversity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:
There will be a PDF with rosters for all the old teams when the game releases. So all the old players will be able to use their old miniatures.

I doubt that a lack of rosters from GW would have stopped many leagues from using the CRP rosters except for those held at a GW anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Word is that the app will have rules for old teams in it so that everyone can get going with older minis.

May also be free downloads, but who knows.

The base app should be free and covers humans and orcs only.

There will be a Death Zone Season One dlc that will add content from the book and allow you to use those seven teams. No idea what it will cost. Thinking probably between $2-4. Surprised if it's more than that.

I seriously doubt we will see support for the other 12 teams in the app as they will almost certainly want to offer those as future dlc. At best, there might be an option to manually enter all the stats and skills for players you haven't downloaded a dataset for but that's just speculation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New rosters with minor adjustments can be downloaded from http://www.bloodbowl.com

At the bottom of the front page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.