Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question. I have played the game eight times now (all scenarios) and yes, it is very repetitive. There are currently not a lot of real differences between the scenarios.

However, whether or not it is "too" repetitive is difficult to answer.

I'm still interested in finishing the game with my local group, but I'm having trouble getting it to the table. Perhaps for that very reason, yet no one has specifically said that.

Also, after finishing the game with my group, I have no interest in playing it again on a harder difficulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Snyman
South Africa
flag msg tools
Kubigaruma wrote:
Interesting question. I have played the game eight times now (all scenarios) and yes, it is very repetitive. There are currently not a lot of real differences between the scenarios.

However, whether or not it is "too" repetitive is difficult to answer.

I'm still interested in finishing the game with my local group, but I'm having trouble getting it to the table. Perhaps for that very reason, yet no one has specifically said that.

Also, after finishing the game with my group, I have no interest in playing it again on a harder difficulty.

This is bad. No one else have any feedback?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this game has not the TIME Stories Syndrome (you know the story and there is no incentive to play it again) although you will always play the same scenarios and chapters all over again and again, the story won't change.

I am a huge Eldritch Horror fan and I'd say London Horror has some similarities.

It has some strong points (the planning phase is an interesting concept, the art is great, the rules are simple and the setup won't take long, and so on)

Some problems were solved (the rulebook was improved and some people received replacements for componenets, maybe I'll also contact Grey Fox Games)

The game designer already said there is an expansion to come and I hope beside new scenarios, we will get some new mechanics/changes.
The concept is good but
- the final showdown should be improved
- more variety is needed, you always face the same dread cards over and over again, there are more different elements needed. For example a dread card could be a barrier and if you want to investigate plot cards in this area you first need to pass the barrier. Another dread card for example could be a trap, easy to solve and if you do not investigate it will rise dread by 5 but if you pass and draw this card from the investigation deck, the character has to roll trauma.

Yes there is some replay value although other games have a bigger replay value. An expansion could change it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, thanks for the support, Martin!

You feedback is much appreciated. We are working on it ;-)

Merry Christmas and happy gaming!

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lublang wrote:
Once again, thanks for the support, Martin!

You feedback is much appreciated. We are working on it ;-)

Merry Christmas and happy gaming!

Asger

Merry Christmas and beware of the caped killer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.