Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been awhile since I played this Jerry Dziuba design. It is one of those games in my collection that fall into the “Should I keep it or sell it?” category. It is a decent game, and I do have some fun with it, but it will never rise to the level of greatness. While I think it may be found to be a bit lacking with hardcore gamers, I do think it is a good game to play with families and social groups. That fact has kept it in my collection. Plus, my wife enjoys it, so I tend to keep those games around!

I immediately rushed to the opposite side of the board, hoping to claim the valuable ‘5’ point chip from Castle Chianti. I even managed to reach the meadow on my first turn, which allowed me to refill my hand to six cards. Jim followed in my footsteps, but veered off to other castles in order to scoop their high-valued chips. Gail stuck close to home, visiting the castles nearest the market.

After grabbing a quick lead, I saw it eclipsed by Jim, who managed to visit several castles before returning home to the market. In spite of our best efforts to impede his progress with rockslides, he managed to grab the final chip he needed to claim the victory.

Finals: Jim 18, Gail 14, Greg 13

Ratings: Jim 7, Gail 6.5, Greg 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls