Hide
16 Posts

Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » General

Subject: A moral dilemma-who to save first! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
PAUL FAREY
msg tools
Flash point can reveal interesting things about ourselves.I would'nt recommendmend playing this with a pscychologist.For example,you have two victims in your space, but who takes priority? We have vicitms with different coloured hair,different forms of dress, and are of different races and gender. And when it comes to choosing between a cat/dog and a person, the answer should be obvious,but i wonder how many players proritize their feline/k9 freinds

P.S.Please don't take this post too seriously,it's just a gentle slightly humorous observation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A moral dilema-who to save first!
I always prioritize the pets over the human victims. Even the fish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
I always prioritize the pets over the human victims. Even the fish.

Me too. However, if it's a choice between two humans, my choice has nothing to do with psychology (at least not conscious psychology).

If they're stacked, I'll just take the top one. Whatever it is.

Basically, the easiest one for me to grab is the one that gets rescued first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this ever came up. POI are not supposed to be placed where other POIs are already. Unless I drag one POI in a space with another, they aren't ever in the same spot...then I just keep the one I already had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL FAREY
msg tools
Ah! Let me be more specific.I'm discussing the situation of having two victims in a players space and choosing who to Carry or lead if they are Treated victims.Because i don't stack victims,especially Treated ones,that presents a visual choice, and i just assumed most players did the same.But as i say, my post is only a gentle piece of observation, it's not to be taken too seriouslyYou're right, POI can't be placed in the same space as another POI when Replenishing,but i'm simply discussing Carrying or Leading victims around and having to prioritize if they end up sharing the same space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
If at least one is treated, bring them both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL FAREY
msg tools
AH! Let me be even more specific! Yes,you could do that,at a cost of 2AP per move.I'm talking about situations where things are beginning to get so desperate, that you really are forced to choose and spend available AP on only one victim.For example,if multiple fires are breaking out very near to you,and you only have have enough AP to get one victim out or say if it's the 7th saved victim that would award you the game,with the building on verge of collapsing,situations like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
If playing with a " pscychologist" get them to choose which POI to rescue first - I think that would be quite interesting devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The animals always, always take priority.

If someone had smoke appear near them multiple times, they are clearly the pyromaniac and take lowest priority for rescuing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PAUL FAREY
msg tools
Mr Allen Herring has replied saying he doesn't think this question has ever been brought up before,but that's because maybe not many people think like me-hang on a minute-maybe i should play in front of a psychologist!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the cat out, leave everyone else to burn.

Especially the dog.

He probably started it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:

Especially the dog.

He probably started it.

The cat started it, and framed the dog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:

Especially the dog.

He probably started it.

The cat started it, and framed the dog.

Stupid of the dog to let it then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Alabaster Smitty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I'm playing with my friends who have a good sense of humor, we tend to make up (usually inappropriate and hilarious) stories about the POIs as they are uncovered. For instance, one game we had two different women show up in one of the bedrooms, saved them, and then another POI popped up in the room, in the bed, that was a man, and we assumed he was creepily spying on them under the bed. Things like that add flavor to the game for me at times.

That being said, there are moments where I also think to myself, "Dang, I have to go save the dog, because it's in the middle of a fire, but there are people just waiting to be picked up all over the rest of the house still!" In real life, of course, firefighters would save the people first, especially those easily carried out of a burning building, before heading into the heaviest fire.

This is the good and bad of a game with a really great theme that is nonetheless at times contradictory to the mechanics and win conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I've just dragged three victims through this square to get them to safety, and now it turns out there's a guy hiding in here too?"

and of course

"Right, that's seven victims, let the rest burn - it's beer o'clock."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not use the animals when I play, problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.