Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emanuele Buffagni
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys,

me and some friends are in the process of selecting a shipping company for a Kickstarter project we will launch in the near future.

We already contacted a lot of them, asking for quotation, information about their fulfillment services, how to track packages and so on, but now we'd like to have reviews from the community of BGG! In particular regarding Shipnaked!

We backed some Kickstarter projects that used them for shipping (Tiny Epic Games, Conan etc) and we never had problems, all the games arrived undamaged. A friend of mine received a game missing some components and contacted the support service which has been very efficient, and received the missing pieces a few days later.

So, in general we never had problems, but being a drop in the ocean we'd like to have opinions from other backers who received games shipped by them.

We know there have been important delays for some games, but most of them were very complex games with a high number of SKU - different boxes/units - which, most likely, will not be our case.

What we'd like to know is:

- Did you have any kind of problem with them?
- Did you receive damaged boxes?
- How was their support service (if you contacted them)?

Please don't put comments regarding Game Salute. We'd like to have some opinions about them as a shipping company, not because they are related with another company with a "not so good" reputation

Thanks a lot for your help, we really appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dislike them greatly.

They are insanely slow. They print your label and you get email notification which gives you hope that you will soon have your package. But they don't actually ship your package until 3-4 weeks later. Be prepared for many inquires from backers over those 3-4 weeks asking why their package is still sitting there or has not arrived yet.

I would say 75% of the things I get from them are damaged. I think it's been getting better...maybe.

I will say their customer service on replacements is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
Wait a minute... Where are the naked ships? I came here expecting some yachting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winvayren
United States
Victorville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always shipped my stuff and it arrived quickly and undamaged. Had to contact them about some stuck together meeples and such for the first tiny epic kingdoms but they shipped out replacements very quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
ChaosGate wrote:
Please don't put comments regarding Game Salute. We'd like to have some opinions about them as a shipping company, not because they are related with another company with a "not so good" reputation

You really should consider that using Ship Naked will kill stone dead any and all interest for a lot of people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Buffagni
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
8Oj4N wrote:
Wait a minute... Where are the naked ships? I came here expecting some yachting.

Sorry, but at the moment this is the only yacht I can afford!

JasonJ0 wrote:
ChaosGate wrote:

You really should consider that using Ship Naked will kill stone dead any and all interest for a lot of people.

Yeah, this is what we fear the most, that's why we asked

They are one of the few companies we found that is offering "friendly shipping" to multiple location in order to avoid the final user to pay custom taxes. Also it's easier to work with a single company instead of four or five different ones.

Thanks guys for your opinions, if you have any other comments or suggestions feel free to share your experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have gotten four projects through them and have had no problems. At all. Nothing damaged, nothing missing, and no concern regarding delays.

They've sent me Epic card game, which people were upset with because they only taped their copies together, but since my order was big there was none of this.

I am yet to receive my Hero Realms shipment but I cannot say whether they are responsible or not.

My main concern would be that they do not generate tracking numbers for my country, which could get a bit worrying. But everything else arrived just fine.

As for generating shipping notices with nothing shipped for several weeks: I have had a shipping notice generated last week that told me to expect my parcel in three weeks, and it was here yesterday so... Yeah, I don't think they're responsible for that kind of delays either. Turn to your local post office instead. Mine usually suck quite enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Buffagni
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
I have gotten four projects through them and have had no problems. At all. Nothing damaged, nothing missing, and no concern regarding delays.

They've sent me Epic card game, which people were upset with because they only taped their copies together, but since my order was big there was none of this.

I am yet to receive my Hero Realms shipment but I cannot say whether they are responsible or not.

My main concern would be that they do not generate tracking numbers for my country, which could get a bit worrying. But everything else arrived just fine.

As for generating shipping notices with nothing shipped for several weeks: I have had a shipping notice generated last week that told me to expect my parcel in three weeks, and it was here yesterday so... Yeah, I don't think they're responsible for that kind of delays either. Turn to your local post office instead. Mine usually suck quite enough.

Thanks for your experience.

However it seems there are a lot of people who dislike them (even from others forum/blogs) because of delays, damaged boxes etc.

In the end we'll ship with other companies! Thanks for the comments, we really appreciated the time you spent to answer us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Molesworth
Australia
Glenhaven
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much of the Villages of Valeria Kickstarter fulfilment was done by Ship Naked. This has been a monumental disaster, particularly in Europe.

Look at the comments on Kickstarter for the whole sorry mess.

Many of us backers have sworn off ever backing another Kickstarter where Ship Naked (or a related company)is in the loop.

We would rather wait for retail.

A bad experience also does a lot of damage to the game development company's future Kickstarter support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Buffagni
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have just read some comments on the Kickstarter page and...ugh. We will definetely not use them!

Thanks for your comment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.