Hide
2 Posts

Lost in R'lyeh» Forums » Rules

Subject: Play Again action timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Morgan
msg tools
**Firstly - aaargh! I can't get the text to indent so the bit that looks like programing pseudo code might be difficult to read**

Haven't played this yet but it arrived in the post this week so in anticipation of getting it to the table -

1)
This is a minor point but it says in the rule book that if you ever trigger a 'banish the stack' action, you get to play again to start a new stack. All of the banish the stack actions printed on the cards are followed by 'and play again' but I'm going to assume you don't play again twice (once for the banish action and again for the play again action).

2)
More confusing to me is card 3, action 5 - A Dream of Strange Cities - Play again, banish the stack and play again.

I'm not sure of the timing of this - it seems very ambiguous. Assuming that when you play again the actions of the new cards you play are still activated, would something like this be possible:

2 player game between Roleybob and Joebi-Wan

Roleybob's turn

Play 3.5
{
3.5 - 1st play again
{
Play PAI (Professor Angell's Investigation)
{
PAI - 1st play again
{
play 8.3
{
8.3 - choose Roleybob to be next player
}
}
PAI - banish the stack
PAI - 2nd play again
{
play 2.3
{
2.3 - choose Joebi-Wan to miss a turn
}
}
}
}
3.5 - banish the stack
3.5 - 2nd play again
{
play 4.3
{
4.3 - look at Joebi-Wan's hand
}
}
}
Roleybob has next turn (because of 8.3)
Roleybob has next turn (becuase of 2.3)
Joebi-Wan gets a turn. At last.

Is that all legal or do I have the timing wrong for activation of the actions?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyla McT

Minnesota
msg tools
1) Correct - you do not play twice. It's just listed on the cards for a reminder.

2) The cards played before you banish the stack do not have an effect. It just allows you to get rid of a (set of) card(s) from your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.