$60.00
$20.00
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Among the Stars is one of my favorite games; I have all the expansions and I love it. However, I've been more and more interested in getting Roll for the Galaxy, and I'm just concerned that they might thematically and mechanically overlap too much.

I've never played Roll, so I could be way off. Have you played both? If so, can you tell me whether they both have a place in a collection, or whether I should definitely choose one or the other?

Let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are quite different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vastly different games and mechanics. I own both, they are played for different reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't comment on similarities in theme because I never pay any attention.

I would have to say that gameplay wise they are very different. I own both but am selling roll for the Galaxy, didn't like it at all. I hate dice in games but thought that the way roll uses dice was very clever and not the only reason I didn't like the game. I think it was the game end condition and not feeling like I had really done much in that time. It may be a game you enjoy, and I def don't think it's a bad game, just not for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:
Vastly different games and mechanics. I own both, they are played for different reasons.

Thank you! That's exactly what I was concerned about: whether I could own both and still get around to playing both of them, instead of replacing one with the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.