Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandro Salvati
Italy
Rome
Lazio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering if the playing time displayed on the box is true...

How long do your games last?

And, if you played it in different number of players, how long does it last as a solo game, with 2 players, 3 and so on?

I love Twilight Struggle, War of the Ring and Labyrinth (WoT)...
I was thinking about buying this game, but I'm a little concerned about the excessive playing time...

Thank you guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The solo game playing all sides yourself is fastest. The bots require a bit of an extra learning curve and can actually take longer (even considerably) at least as you're learning them than a full 4 player game.

This game is definitely the type where the more comfortable the players are the faster it goes, so I'd say a 2p game where each player is controlling 2 factions each (Arverni+Adeui and Belgic+Romans) can go the fastest. I'd say the shortest scenario played with 2 experienced players playing this way; around 3-3.5 hours is doable.

And realistically that would be a fun game.

That said the longer scenarios, while learning with bots or 4 new players, I'd say plan a day around it for sure. Or set it up for multiple sessions. I've preserved the upcoming card order and taken photos of the board and player mats and had a decent go of it in multiple sessions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a rule lawyer type of person, with a group that likes overthinking: 1.5 hours per winter when playing solo and 2 hours per winter when playing with 3/4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.