Subject: Popular Conspiracy Theories rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: conspiracy_theory [+] [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a fine line, trying to avoid RSP with this topic, but I'll give it a shot.

Poll
What's your opinion on these popular theories?
  Bah! Poppycock! Uhhhh... I think that there might be something to that one... Maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me. Oh yeah; definitely true.
Vaccinations are actually bad for you
There is already a cure for ______, but the drug companies are supressing it
There is already a commercially viable engine that runs without needing fossil fuel or batteries, but the oil companies are supressing it
Paul McCartney really did die in 1966
Elvis Presley did not die in 1977
There is, or at least was, a Loch Ness Monster
Bigfoot/ Sasquatch/ Yeti-- they're real
Something alien and secret happened in Area 51/ Roswell N.M.
The building of the pyramids and/or Stonehenge was aided by extraterrestial technology
The moon landing was faked
      145 answers
Poll created by MABBY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigfoot used to be real, but apparently he was brutally murdered by children a couple of months ago at a wedding. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna F.
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the one where ISIS was invented by the US military-industrial complex in order to destabilize all of the countries that aren't in league with the IMF/global banking elite/illuminati etc.

I also heard one where the gray naked aliens are just evolved humans that came back in time to study their past selves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifgoot was real when people used 8mm home movie cameras with grainy film. Now that we have digital cameras, he isn't real anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna F.
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
Bifgoot was real when people used 8mm home movie cameras with grainy film. Now that we have digital cameras, he isn't real anymore.

So bigfoot is really just a hipster and refuses to work with anything but film.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Failing upwards... ever faster!
United States
Saint Ann
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snapdragon23 wrote:
I also heard am making up one where the gray naked aliens Bigfoots are just evolved humans hipsters that came back in time to study their past hairless selves.

FTFY
hmmm...Bigfoots?...Bigfeet?

I've had an odd opinion of Bigfoot ever since he appeared on the Six Million Dollar Man. What a sell-out.

I mean: less assume it's real. Ok... it's a species of ape, then. Boring. Right? Bigfoot was probably more interesting when he slotted in nicely as a missing link(?), but we don't need that now. We don't need you Bigfoot. Go away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
dreadpirate wrote:
snapdragon23 wrote:
I also heard am making up one where the gray naked aliens Bigfoots are just evolved humans hipsters that came back in time to study their past hairless selves.

FTFY
hmmm...Bigfoots?...Bigfeet?

I've had an odd opinion of Bigfoot ever since he appeared on the Six Million Dollar Man. What a sell-out.

I mean: less assume it's real. Ok... it's a species of ape, then. Boring. Right? Bigfoot was probably more interesting when he slotted in nicely as a missing link(?), but we don't need that now. We don't need you Bigfoot. Go away.

Missing link?! You mean missing arm!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the element of truth behind the cure one is not necessarily that the cure exists, but that there's no incentive for a pharmaceutical company to research cures when treating symptoms is more lucrative. Cures are only likely to be developed by universities and publicly funded not-for-profit organisations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the percentages, it appears we're a pretty skeptical bunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL

I read the first one as "Vacations are bad for you" when I answered. I thought, "What? That's a popular conspiracy theory? These Chit Chatters really are nutters."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Howden
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
I believe you have mine...
badge
Bringing you quality product in the face of crushing indifference since 1970.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:
LOL

I read the first one as "Vacations are bad for you" when I answered. I thought, "What? That's a popular conspiracy theory? These Chit Chatters really are nutters."

Me too! I was very concerned that someone actually believed that! But it might explain one of my former bosses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
matthew.marquand wrote:
Missing link?! You mean missing arm!
surprise George Lucas TOTALLY "ripped off" the 'arm-severing' for his HOTH "Ice Cave" encounter, oh, and also inferred SUCH about: "let the Wookiee WIN!"; of SWE4. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Left column all the way, with a divot on alternative engines - no one outside China really talks about thorium as a nuclear fuel. Australia has nearly 20% of the world supply and no one here has heard of the stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Week 2017 TOKYO bullet KYOTO
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozludo wrote:
about thorium as a nuclear fuel. Australia has nearly 20% of the world supply and no one here has heard of the stuff.

That's because you can't use it for nuclear weapons. Production of such weapons need plutonium and uranium mining, refining and processing in vast amounts. That's hugely expensive, so building power stations fueled by uranium and plutonium is a good front. You can even pour billions into designing and building a nuclear power station that never generates a single watt.

But thorium reactors have been running since the 50s, and India is building new ones too. It shall come to pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffreyac wrote:
Looking at the percentages, it appears we're a pretty skeptical bunch.

those numbers are faked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Ozludo wrote:
about thorium as a nuclear fuel. Australia has nearly 20% of the world supply and no one here has heard of the stuff.

That's because you can't use it for nuclear weapons. Production of such weapons need plutonium and uranium mining, refining and processing in vast amounts. That's hugely expensive, so building power stations fueled by uranium and plutonium is a good front. You can even pour billions into designing and building a nuclear power station that never generates a single watt.

But thorium reactors have been running since the 50s, and India is building new ones too. It shall come to pass.

Is India building them, or talking endlessly about maybe one-day licensing a Canadian reactor design that they might build in about 30 years?
China is actively trying to lock-down all the IP.
Australia is de-funding science and engineering research...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Galstaff wrote:

You laugh at a Centauri telling humans there are aliens?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard that Mabby can see our individual answers and is using them to profile and target us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
sunkencheerio wrote:
Bigfoot used to be real, but apparently he was brutally murdered by children a couple of months ago at a wedding. cry

I heard a rumor that Bigfoot wasn't murdered at the wedding, but took a rather savage beating from said children. You would think one of them would have had a smart phone to record the incident for posterity. The search and mystery continues.... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigfoot lives!cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't see bigfoot in the video, Debineezer.

You should have found one with a helpful red circle:

Even then, I might have missed him if it hadn't have been pointed out in that way. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some dude
Netherlands
Groningen
There dismay took them, for at the gate was a guard of whom no tidings had yet gone forth.
flag msg tools
Swiftly the wolf grew, until he could creep into no den, but lay huge and hungry before the feet of Morgoth. There the fire and anguish of hell entered into him, and he became filled with a devouring spirit, tormented, terrible, and strong.
badge
Then swiftly all his inwards were filled with a flame of anguish, and the Silmaril seared his accursed flesh. Howling he led before them, and the walls of the valley of the Gate echoes with the clamour of his torment.
mbmbmbmbmb
Companies suppressing technology? Happens all the time.
It's simply about money.

But most conspiracy theories are utter nonsense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Anfauglir wrote:
Companies suppressing technology? Happens all the time.
It's simply about money.

But most conspiracy theories are utter nonsense.

Sure but I don't think they'd suppress technologies with which they could easily make lots more money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.