6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Which LCG game to buy, need help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Chudarek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Hi, Im considering between Arkham horror, LoTR And Game of Thrones, not sure which of Them has best quality and longest playtime or good replayability. I like Lovecraft nd Both fantasies So the Real issue is Aš Iv mentioned the quality of content, all of Them wd been Fine, but currently have Budget for oné nd want to buy oné of these plus few expansions. Maybe There r some pros nd cons which I Dont know About. I like fe Dungeons And dragons nd Pathfinder rpg And aswell Lovecraft books So its big dilema for mě, help Will be highly appreciated thanx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jude Mapp
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you be playing solo, or with friends?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Chudarek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Ill play with group once a week but rest sólo, we meet only on wendsdays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias R.
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After what I've heard and seen of Arkham Horror, I'm really looking forward to it. Lord of the Rings is pretty good, but it definitely can take some streamlining. If they manage to put a lot of what they've learned with LotR into it, it could be a blast.

The other thing is: there already are tons of adventure packs and expansions out for Lord of the Rings and I totally lost track, owning only the Mirkwood-cycle and the first big expansion... now with Arkham, I really hope for keeping up with it and get the new adventure pack every month for having an ongoing but not totally overwhelming experience...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
If you listen to the hype, the lessons learned from the LotR LCG went into the Arkham Horror LCG. Not that LotR is a bad game, but it does have a lot of phases and a lot of steps to work out. Game Of Thrones is not solo, although there are fan-made hacks that can make it work that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AGoT is a competitive game. If you're looking to play a lot of solo you can count that one out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.