Subject: Game with four Players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olav Riediger
Germany
Bedburg(Erft)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I saw on the box that this game can be played with one to four players. However, in the rules text and the scenarios I couldn't find any reference to a three or four player game. What am I missing? I guess it is the more or less obvious, that leaders of one side may be distributed among two players to allow for more than a one on one game, right?

Actually I was hoping for a true three or four army battle. Well, this may be historical nonsense, though.

Any comments or suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks, Olav

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way to play with > 2 players is cooperatively. With larger battles this could be easily done where each player on a side takes one wing of the army. But this is not a true 3-4 player game. For something like that you may want to look at Commands & Colors with the Epic Expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Webb
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
I think this could easily be done by dividing up the leaders among players. On the Macedonian side players could be either Alexander or his subordinates, and on the Persian side players could divide leaders based on wing. I think it would make some interesting team dynamics as players debate trumping each other and over-step their boundaries by getting momentum and moving units not originally assigned to their leader.

I think GMT should add a quick section to how it intends team play to work though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.