$30.00
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious -- I lack 1e elements, but don't want to spend $80 grabbing both right now. Could somebody give me their impression as to which of the two additional scenarios is the better, even subjectively speaking?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto de Gooijer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I think you should get recurring nightmares wich comes with the 1e base Game components and the'dearly departed'scenario. The other scenario was less amusing and this one come with some of the nicer investigators imho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobbieGemini wrote:
I think you should get recurring nightmares wich comes with the 1e base Game components and the'dearly departed'scenario. The other scenario was less amusing and this one come with some of the nicer investigators imho.

Thanks. Guess I'll be going in that direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
'Dearly Departed' is a MUCH better scenario. If you search the forums you' have difficulty finding much positive comment about 'Hangman's Hill'. I consider it to be the weakest scenario to date, alongside 'Rising Tide'.

As things stand you'll get a little more use out of the other tile set in the other scenarios too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
'Dearly Departed' is a MUCH better scenario. If you search the forums you' have difficulty finding much positive comment about 'Hangman's Hill'. I consider it to be the weakest scenario to date, alongside 'Rising Tide'.

As things stand you'll get a little more use out of the other tile set in the other scenarios too.

Which expansion is Dearly Departed associated with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
High Flying Bird wrote:

Which expansion is Dearly Departed associated with?

It's associated with Recurring nightmares.

I was like you in that I was wondering which to buy. In the end it was pretty easy, I thought the characters and monsters in Recurring Nightmare appealed to me way more and were by far the best, and turns out the scenario is too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Beck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
...difficulty finding much positive comment about 'Hangman's Hill'. I consider it to be the weakest scenario to date, alongside 'Rising Tide'.

Just to add an alternate view, I really enjoyed both of the scenarios mentioned above and, along with 'Escape from Innsmouth' are my favourite scenarios so far.

I agree, however, that Recurring Nightmares is currently the better/ more useful of the two add-ons at the moment. That may change in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.