5 Posts

A Most Dangerous Time: Japan in Chaos, 1570-1584» Forums » General

Subject: Oda diplomacy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
archita archita
msg tools
Hello, I am playing this very good game and I wish ask you some questions:

1) Oda faction has 6 commanders with diplomacy skill, anti oda faction has zero diplomacy skill in early game, Its not a risk to unbalance the game ? an Oda stack with 2 or more diplomacy commanders can perform multiple attempts on anti-oda forces without commander. Oda player has huge advantage of military superiority already and diplomacy can be unbalancing burst.

Ashikaga is the one diplomacy skill that anti-oda player can deploy in early game. I wish ask you if convertion is simple activaction with anti-oda minor game turn or he must be converted with negotiation ? in early game Azai,Ikko and minors havent diplomacy skill. Ashikaga must be activated with Kyo taken by anti-oda minor counters ( Miyoshi ? ) ?

2) Takeda has 1 diplomacy skill only ( Shingen ) and there is dilemma of start placement because Takeda roads arent linked until to Suwa, I ask suggestions on Takeda gameplay

3)if there is succesful diplomacy attempt on castle and there is battle between loyal and betrayer units, the space can be attacked by adiacent counters of army that attempted negotiation again ?

4) there is a limit on cards that a player can have in hand ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
archita wrote:
1) Oda faction has 6 commanders with diplomacy skill, anti oda faction has zero diplomacy skill in early game, Its not a risk to unbalance the game ? an Oda stack with 2 or more diplomacy commanders can perform multiple attempts on anti-oda forces without commander. Oda player has huge advantage of military superiority already and diplomacy can be unbalancing burst.

The game is certainly asymmetric, the two sides are not exactly the same. Oda has some advantages, but he is one against many, and surrounded too! The key for the Anti-Oda player is to survive long enough to mount a multiple front attack against Oda.

archita wrote:
Ashikaga is the one diplomacy skill that anti-oda player can deploy in early game. I wish ask you if convertion is simple activaction with anti-oda minor game turn or he must be converted with negotiation ? in early game Azai,Ikko and minors havent diplomacy skill. Ashikaga must be activated with Kyo taken by anti-oda minor counters ( Miyoshi ? ) ?

Ashikaga must convert with Negotiation. He can also use Betrayal. Both of those happen when the Anti-Oda Minors chit is drawn, and Ashikaga is Active.

Ashikage is activated with the Anti-Oda Minors chit.

archita wrote:
2) Takeda has 1 diplomacy skill only ( Shingen ) and there is dilemma of start placement because Takeda roads arent linked until to Suwa, I ask suggestions on Takeda gameplay

Like so much in this game, it's a balancing act and going to depend on Oda. Usually try to hold off an Oda attack with some small forces in Iida and Fukushima, and mount a strong attack from Sunpu. Or maybe split strong attack from Iida and Sunpu toward Hamamatsu.

archita wrote:
3)if there is succesful diplomacy attempt on castle and there is battle between loyal and betrayer units, the space can be attacked by adiacent counters of army that attempted negotiation again ?

Yes.

archita wrote:
4) there is a limit on cards that a player can have in hand ?

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
archita archita
msg tools
Chee wrote:

archita wrote:

Ashikaga must convert with Negotiation. He can also use Betrayal. Both of those happen when the Anti-Oda Minors chit is drawn, and Ashikaga is Active.

Ashikage is activated with the Anti-Oda Minors chit.

I have to understand the concept because negotiation is impossible for Azai,anti minor Oda and Ikko because they havent daimyo or samurai with diplomacy skill.

I suppose that activation is "automatic" in every anti minor chit if anti-oda plater decides to do it, right ?

Takeda has 2 roads without communication between them, the start placement can be a tough decision and its impossible to play Takeda if Oda player has 2 big stacks on eastern side and overrun Azai before Takeda entrance.

I feels that Oda player has too many diplomacy units, a stack with 2 -3 diplomacy units can turn down castles in very fast way without real need of siege and there is the combo negotiation-attack that is breaking balance.

I suggest that 1 negotiation attempt must be 1 Movement point spent, in this way Oda player have to choose 2 strategies with own risks in turn, negotiate or move&attack ? It can be a way to compensate diplomacy advantage and avoid possible "borg" effects of combo negotiation + movement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
archita wrote:
I have to understand the concept because negotiation is impossible for Azai,anti minor Oda and Ikko because they havent daimyo or samurai with diplomacy skill.

I suppose that activation is "automatic" in every anti minor chit if anti-oda plater decides to do it, right ?

The Shogun (Ashigaka) can use his ability if he's a Daimyo. Getting him out of Kyo is key.

I agree that being able to resist is key for the anti-Oda faction.

Quote:
Takeda has 2 roads without communication between them, the start placement can be a tough decision and its impossible to play Takeda if Oda player has 2 big stacks on eastern side and overrun Azai before Takeda entrance.

While possible, it requires a huge advantage on the part of Oda to be able to keep out the Ikko Ikki, beat both the Azai and the Asakura and not having to worry about the minors.

I agree that if all the Oda player has to worry about is Takeda, he'll beat them easily. But that's an extremly big IF!

Quote:
I feels that Oda player has too many diplomacy units, a stack with 2 -3 diplomacy units can turn down castles in very fast way without real need of siege and there is the combo negotiation-attack that is breaking balance.

Don't leave castles under siege without leaders. Daimyos make you inmune to this tactic, Samurais force the Oda player to roll 6s to negotiate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
archita archita
msg tools
however the game needs more balance fix, the risk of a sort of "solo" game is high if Oda player becomes unstoppable for early and mid lenght game. I suppose that the game is designed to be "played" on late game part only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.