Subject: Rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you draw a card with the arrows, you then draw another card and place it. But... if the second card has arrows do you then draw another card? If so I just lost the game on turn two.
Drew a card with the encounter on it. Encounter said to draw 5 obstacles and ass one to each location, all five I drew had the arrows forcing me to draw five more cards which three of them had encounters on them.

Bad luck or am I playing wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer is pmaying wrong.
Only happens during escalation phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thearkhammonk wrote:
Answer is pmaying wrong.
Only happens during escalation phase.

Correct! Arrows are only used during escalation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about encounters? Same thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thearkhammonk wrote:
How about encounters? Same thing?

not sure what you mean!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Encounters like arrows only trigger during escalation correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Bryce
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If, as a result of an encounter during the escalation phase, I am forced to place an obstacle, do I also trigger escalate effects due to that obstacle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Droz wrote:
If, as a result of an encounter during the escalation phase, I am forced to place an obstacle, do I also trigger escalate effects due to that obstacle?

No

Hope you're having fun with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are playing right now and had the same question, about if obstacles placed due to encounter/event card(it is called both, at different places, I think), if you escalate from the symbols on them, because encounters happen during escalation.

Another faq question about when things escalate and don't, led me to guess that maybe you would trigger these, the way this other answer was worded about, triggers during escalation phase . . . .

It's fun, but the fact we got something else wrong I'm embarrassed to admit, at first, has also affected things. Resetting and going for a third, hopefully correct time. We lost the first game turn one, the thing we got wrong didn't affect that.

Actually, I think we added another card based on escalating the obstacles the encounter added. I can't remember for sure, I took a picture of game state, when I take a look and see what the encounter card said, I'll know if it was a legit loss or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.