Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Roland Banks in the campaign and enjoyed the game a lot. I was pleasantly surprised in that I liked it more than I thought I would.

I really like the way locations are handled and how they link to each other. The game handles inside a house and outside in Arkham very nicely. I felt I had some good decisions to make--where to go, how to prepare, etc.

I made it through the first two scenarios, and I also liked how the scenarios accommodate failure and partial success. You can lose or fall short of the objective but still carry on.

In the third scenario, I succumbed pretty quickly. A combination of exceedingly bad luck, crappy card draws, and relentless enemy attacks on my psyche brought me to my knees before I could get going very far.

The game left me anxious to play again--this time solo with two investigators. Really looking forward to future expansions and fan-made scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you feel you could beat the last scenario with 1 investigator had you not had a string of bad luck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bowling
msg tools
mb
I know you didnt ask me but I have played through solo 1 investigator and scenario 1 and 2 two handed. The difficulty level, in my opinion, stays the same due to gow the game scales.

I am going to go back and play through with 1 investigator on easy mode just to see what happens.

I have 1 core fwiw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As for difficulty, I felt that the last scenario was pretty tough. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I got seriously stuck in one spot and couldn't get out. I'm not really sure if I could have won, but I'm going to give it a go with Agnes and Skids next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bowling
msg tools
mb
There is definitely location lock in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
There are a couple of cards to help you deal with getting away from a particular location (especially if there are enemies there with you). One is called 'Elusive' (#50) and another is 'Cat Burglar' (#55). Both are in the Rogue class, so only Skids and Wendy can use them. Wendy (and Agnes) can also use 'Cunning Distraction" (#78) and 'Survival Instinct' (#81).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremie Miller
msg tools
Can you explain "location lock" please!

I am not familiar with the term.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mb
GFWD wrote:
Can you explain "location lock" please!

I am not familiar with the term.

The term 'location lock' is used in the Lord of the Rings - the card game, to describe a situation, where you are unable to quest successfully due to the number of locations, which have come out. Since removing location in that game is done by questing, you are 'locked' in that situation due to the number of locations, hence 'location locked'.

I am unsure how that translates into AHcg though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.