Subject: The Nations Variant: France's use of Sovereigns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nations variant rules for France state it can use the Sovereign to move 1 space to the right on the diplomacy track.

Does this mean France can only move itself, or does it work like ambassador where France could move anyone one space right on the track?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
srlarkin wrote:
The Nations variant rules for France state it can use the Sovereign to move 1 space to the right on the diplomacy track.

Does this mean France can only move itself, or does it work like ambassador where France could move anyone one space right on the track?

Thanks!

It sounds to me, that it is only France's own diplo track. Though I agree it is not crystal clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This was also my initial assumption (i.e. France could only affect itself) however given the ambassador can affect other players and the fact that France's extra powers seem week, to me it makes sense that this power should have some reach. I also like the added possible player interaction of this interpretation. What do you think?

So barring a better idea (or getting clarification from the designer), I think I will play it such that France MAY change any counter on the diplomacy track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.