Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I check my subs on bgg every day, and have noticed that it's beginning to get less updates now for descent. What happens when we've asked every question? What will there be left to talk about? How will we keep players interested in the game? I'm interested in solving this, whether it's actually a problem or not.

I reckon we should start holding community events and / or more general topic discussions to improve our community activity.

Community Events could be contests to make a small mod to the game in 24 hours, or custom classes.

General Discussion Topics are already a thing, but perhaps we could have someone make a new topic every week or two.

Anything really that could pique interest in having more players join our discussion would be great. Your ideas and opinions are welcome.

Edit: I own almost everything for this game, so essentially FFG can't make much more profit off of me. Any other full expansion collector is on the same boat, meaning anyone that still wants to get more simply can't. Therefore, we (people who have everything) can only encourage new players and request new expansions to keep descent going. A more active forum can solve this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
InfinityBlack14 wrote:
How will we keep players interested in the game?

By playing the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bucho22 wrote:
InfinityBlack14 wrote:
How will we keep players interested in the game?

By playing the game...

lol. Do developers know when you open the box to play? No. They'll see how popular the game is in sales and how it's trending in media. On BGG Imperial Assault Forum, there are at least 3 or 4 new topics a day. We need to better our community with something that isn't sarcasm. You can do better than that, i'm sure.

Edit: I'm not sure where the confusion started, but my mentioning of media was referring to YouTube reviews from dice tower and gaming articles to show how well received it is/was. The following statement about imperial was a comparison to descent about activity, not about threads = sales. I apologize if this wasn't clear. Let's all try and keep on topic about forum activity please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rockwell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fairly certain FFG cares more about sales than forum posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
papagamer72 wrote:
Fairly certain FFG cares more about sales than forum posts.

I agree. If we have a more active community, it can bring more players in and active users will stay longer. We've had quite a few bgg users who don't own the game in our forums that are interested. Again, if you have an opinion to make the forums more active, please speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The forums get more active when a new expansion is on the way. Things got really hopping when Road to Legend was announced. It's been quiet because announcements have died down. Once we get another one the chatter will increase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
The forums get more active when a new expansion is on the way. Things got really hopping when Road to Legend was announced. It's been quiet because announcements have died down. Once we get another one the chatter will increase.

Yes, i've seen that trend. I'd like to see that gap filled. I don't want to rely solely on expansion news to keep activity up. Thanks for posting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This forum has nothing to do with whether or not we get more game. It's simply sales that drive more expansions. The amount of people who use the descent forums vs owners is tiny. If you want to try and drive up sales, see if you can get your FLGS to do some descent nights. But they don't come here and say, well we had another expansion and all the others sold great but no one is posting so I guess we won't do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
This forum has nothing to do with whether or not we get more game. It's simply sales that drive more expansions. The amount of people who use the descent forums vs owners is tiny. If you want to try and drive up sales, see if you can get your FLGS to do some descent nights. But they don't come here and say, well we had another expansion and all the others sold great but no one is posting so I guess we won't do it.

I simply said they're unable to make anything off of me until something comes out, and one of the ways to keep players interested is to keep discussions up and events or similar activities wouldn't hurt. I'm aware we are unable to affect sales on anything other than a minuscule scale using this forum. I'm not sure why this keeps being brought up.

Forum activity is the subject at hand here, and that keeping who we have and welcoming others in is key. I do like your idea of FLGS game nights. Thank you for commenting, and I hope to hear more from you regarding events and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rivsung
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group has recently become addicted to Descent, after having it sitting on my shelf collecting dust for over a year. We've played nearly every evening but few for the last several weeks. It's been such a hit that I've been rapidly expanding my collection to now include all of the expansions and lieutenant figures, with the rest being added as money allows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Catka wrote:
My group has recently become addicted to Descent, after having it sitting on my shelf collecting dust for over a year. We've played nearly every evening but few for the last several weeks. It's been such a hit that I've been rapidly expanding my collection to now include all of the expansions and lieutenant figures, with the rest being added as money allows.

Glad to hear that! Thanks for posting and keep gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arkham horror lcg ate my descent table space not enougth hours in the day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
arkham horror lcg ate my descent table space not enougth hours in the day

You should consider a game table with a well. Check out the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spdescYFqIE

I'm building one next month!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.