J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
The Trump-Media War heats up....

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/18/media/donald-trump-shinzo-ab...

It's starting to look like a Nixonian-style presidency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam (Away/AFK)
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Press Freedom, informed citizens, transparent government; overrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Koldfoot wrote:
... he hasn't had a press conference in 10 days!!

I knew that there'd be benefits to a Trump Presidency.

He's on the right track.

Go Trumpie!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Koldfoot wrote:
laughlaughlaughlaugh

They cover him so honestly. What did they expect?

You mean, they didn't censor Trump and discourage Trump from being Trump?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"I can't spare this man, he fights."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
sikeospi wrote:

"I can't spare this man, he fights."

Nobody who actually appreciates Lincoln for what he was and did would juxtapose him with Trump while applying the praise Lincoln paid to US Grant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
wifwendell wrote:

Nobody who actually appreciates Lincoln for what he was and did would juxtapose him with Trump while applying the praise Lincoln paid to US Grant.

I don't actually appreciate Lincoln for what he was and what he did. I don't know anywhere near enough.
Trump however did fight a long bitter demanding abusive election campaign. That his actions durring it show him as unfit for office is beside this point.
IMO he is a dangerous shit. And a fighter.
However this doesn't mean you are wrong about the juxtaposition. I don't know enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are two quotes from the article:
Quote:
Japanese government provided a video of the meeting, which in the eyes of the press corps amounts to government propaganda.
Quote:
CNN has not used the Japanese video release.
This doesn't seem right. The photos and videos should be shared by the press. Obviously Trump/Abe didn't let the press sit through the meeting (nor should they). But why would/should Trump/Abe give the press more access, if the press won't even share that which has already been provided??

Is this just sour grapes, or does the press think they are taking a moral position by not sharing information unless it can be collected in the way they feel it should be collected?

Note: A photograph of a national leader speaking to another national leader is not propaganda. It is news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
richcharters wrote:

Note: A photograph of a national leader speaking to another national leader is not propaganda. It is news.
. seem possible that the Japanes GBe have a different culture to yours and that perhaps in their culture this is clearly government prop. I'm not sayong this is the situation. Just that your declaration doesn't seem to allow for the Japanese having a diffetent culture got that all wrong - it's a powerplay by US media to force Trump to give them interviews IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.