Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Jenkinson
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know why I cannot find this clearly in the rulebook.

Nowhere does it say if I'm dealt damage for failing a Fight action. It only says if failed: the monster isn't dealt damage -- and if I'm attacking a monster engaged with another player, I am dealt damage (not the other player).

So... what if I'm alone, attacking a monster I'm engaged with, and fail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
By default they do not deal damage if you fail a fight skill check.

It only attacks you if you fail a skill check if it has the Retaliate keyword. Otherwise it will not attack until the Enemy Phase if it is still engaged and ready.

So go ahead and keep hitting those enemies till they are dead.

If you attack a monster engaged with another player and you fail the fight skill check you deal your damage to the player the monster is engaged with current.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
transcend11 wrote:
-- and if I'm attacking a monster engaged with another player, I am dealt damage (not the other player).

This is incorrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Jenkinson
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah right, read that wrong.

What I meant to say, is if I'm attacking a monster engaged with another player, and fail, then the rulebook says the other player (the one the monster is engaged with) takes damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
transcend11 wrote:

What I meant to say, is if I'm attacking a monster engaged with another player, and fail, then the rulebook says the other player (the one the monster is engaged with) takes damage?

Yes, that is correct. Any rule that specifies "Another Investigator" does not come into play if there is only one Investigator involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's quite easy if you think about it thematically.

If a monster is engaged with someone else, they're in a tussle and tumbling around, so if you miss the monster you'll probably hit the person they're fighting with.

But you're very unlikely to be fighting with someone, miss them and smack yourself in the face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Donghi
Italy
Near Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
transcend11 wrote:

I think this is the point you're missing. If you miss, it's not the monster that damages your enemy, it's you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.