Hide
6 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » General

Subject: Question about purchase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Brillant
msg tools
About to buy this game used and i'm assuming thats version 1. but I want to buy Super Dungeon Explore: Von Drakk Manor 2.0. will this work with the original game? Confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the rules and card format for SDE were overhauled with Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King, and are currently being overhauled again as part of the SDE Legends Kickstarter.

So no, the cards in Von Drakk Manor will not quite be compatible with the rules and cards in the original Super Dungeon Explore boxed set, assuming it is the version 1 boxed set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil, you could instead late pledge SDE: Legends (just get it via Soda Pop's store), and you can pick a pledge level that includes the new SDE 2.0 (which is really "3.0").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you're buying SDE v1, I would hold off. You could pick up Forgotten King, since that will be compatible with the new version, but your best bet might be to wait until Legends is out, since the new version will actually have all the original stuff, but updated to the new rules (and with new models).

Or, like Geoff said, just late pledge for Legends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
HeroQuest community www.YeOldeInn.com
badge
Want to join a boardgaming club in Zuid-Limburg? www.BoardGamingInc.be
mbmbmbmbmb
VixenTorGames wrote:
If you're buying SDE v1, I would hold off. You could pick up Forgotten King, since that will be compatible with the new version, but your best bet might be to wait until Legends is out, since the new version will actually have all the original stuff, but updated to the new rules (and with new models).

Or, like Geoff said, just late pledge for Legends.

Wasn't 2.0 gonna have upgrade decks for all the minis in 1.0?

Let me ask differently: with SDE:FK ánd 2.0 ánd Legends coming in, will anything from 1.0 have any use? (mini's, tiles, other components?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
Original SDE tiles are larger than the tiles used in the Forgotten King and would not really work well together. They also don't contain any markings for creeps or co-op mode.

The cards that come with SDE are upgraded in a pack that includes everything released before the Forgotten King.

The only other thing are the models, which need no changes to be playable.

Oh, and the Von Drak Manor set was redesigned. While the heroes and denizens (pumpkin patch) are fine, the minions (undead) received a bit of an overhaul and may not be playable anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.